Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionOUR CULTURE - 5 STAR SERVICEAt VIPcare, our
commitment, our passion and our culture sets us apart from others
and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Our team settles for
nothing less than 5 star service! We take great care of our team
and great care of our patients.THE WORKSuccessful candidate will
assist providers in the examination and treatment of patients
following established standards and practices. Must have the
ability to work in a fast paced environment with excellent
communication skills.Medical Assistants are offered an opportunity
to earn a performance bonus in addition to their hourly rate!Work
Schedule: Monday - Friday (8am-5pm)KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a variety of both direct and indirect patient care
duties under the direction and supervision of a VIPcare provider
- Greets patients and prepares them for provider examination by
obtaining patient history, chief complaint, current medications,
medical history, allergies, surgical history, family history,
social history and other preventative medicine reviews and records
information in the patient electronic medical record.
- Measures and records vital signs and records them in the
- Triage incoming phone calls and/or patients in office.
- Explains treatment procedures and prepares both the patient and
exam room for examination
- Provides both patient and provider support during procedures by
handing instruments or equipment to the physician as directed.
- Cleans and/or sterilizes reusable instruments and equipment
- Performs clinical duties including administration of oral and
injectable medications, irrigation of eyes and ears, dresses and
bandages wounds and incisions, starts and monitor IV infusion, and
assist physician with any/all procedures as requested.
- Performs in office diagnostic tests including eye exams,
electrocardiograph, administration of oxygen as ordered, pulse
oximetry, peak flow and inhalation treatments.
- Performs in office CLIA-waived lab tests
- Carries out quality controls related to lab equipment and
testing, completes and maintains lab related logs, performs PT/INR
utilizing CoaguChek/Coag Sense machine and performs glucose testing
- Completes electronic medical record to include medical services
rendered, test results and supplies used.
- Monitors disposable inventory and places orders for medical
supplies and pharmaceuticals as requested
- Draws blood and processes specimens for send-out
- Provide patient education as directed by the provider.
- Assists front office registration team members by performing
additional clerical duties including: Patient check-in/out,
referrals, prescription medication management, inbound/outbound
telephone calls etc..
- Helps maintain an adequate inventory of office medications and
medical supplies and orders as needed.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Medical Assistant experience, Accredited Medical Asst. program
preferred (RMA or CMA)
- CPR Certified
- IV Start Certification preferred
- Phlebotomy experience preferred; knowledge of various
collection methods and testing such as bleeding times, collecting
donor blood, bedside testing and preparing specimens
- Ability to accurately read and write medical terminology
- Knowledge of medical coding
- Knowledge of HIPAA
- Knowledge of OSHA
- Working knowledge of common prescription medications that treat
conditions and diseases for the patient population VIPcare
- Minimum of four to five years medical assisting experience
- Basic computer skills, including familiarity with electronic
- Types 25 words per minute with 96% accuracyCOMPENSATION &
BENEFITSWe offer a HIGHLY competitive compensation and
comprehensive benefits package:
- Competitive base salary
- Medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- 401k, with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidaysPowered by JazzHRGCX02IY0IP
Keywords: VIPcare, Jacksonville , Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!