Registered Nurse Specialist Ops - 60955149 - Med Surg
Company: Florida Department of Transportation
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Registered Nurse Specialist Ops - 60955149Requisition No:
Agency: Children and Families
Working Title: REGISTERED NURSE SPECIALIST OPS - 60955149
Position Number: 60955149
Salary: $32.00 an hour
Posting Closing Date: 10/31/2022
Various Shifts available
Applicant will be required to be COVID tested and required to where
CLASS TITLE: REGISTERED NURSE SPECIALIST
This is nursing work in one of the following areas: (1) instructing
students in nursing education and practices; (2) providing nursing
service activities in conjunction with individual, group, and/or
rehabilitation therapy counseling; (3) in a psychiatric program;
(4) developing and implementing case management plans for home
based chronically and/or terminally ill children; (5) providing
comprehensive nursing services in a specialized area of practice;
(6) providing nursing services in a medical research program; (7)
evaluating the appropriateness of medicaid client medical service
utilization and correcting any mis-utilization; (8) identifying
nursing home applicants who can be maintained in the community,
prescribing/coordinating community services and
reviewing/evaluating the care and services provided medicaid
recipients by long-term facilities; or (9) conducting on-site
surveys of health care facilities for compliance with federal and
state licensure and certification requirements.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED:
(Note: The examples of work as listed in this class specification
are not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class.
The omission of specific statements does not preclude management
from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such duties are
a logical assignment to the position. Examples of work performed
are not to be used for allocation purposes.)
* Teaches elementary and advanced nursing arts and methods.
* Assists in the preparation of lesson plans, tests, and reports of
work done by students.
* Assists in the evaluation and review of student development by
observing their work in the class, ward, or clinic.
* Orients newly admitted students and interviews them in order to
give them guidance and counseling.
* Instructs students in specialized fields of nursing such as
medicine, obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics, tuberculosis,
surgery, and psychiatry.
* Instructs nonprofessional employees in a variety of professional
* Participates in observing patients' physical and behavioral
reactions to medications.
* Provides emergency nursing services through crisis intervention
techniques and/or medications as prescribed.
* Conducts individual, group, family, motivation and drug
discussion groups to facilitate patients' rehabilitation.
* Participates in home visits and crisis intervention to prevent
* Participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in the
planning and implementation of treatment for individual
* Identifies and receives referrals of high-cost, medically
dependent children eligible for specialized case management
* Works in conjunction with specialist physicians to ensure
compliance with the specialized medical therapeutic plan.
* Works in conjunction with Children's Medical Services
clinic-based nurses to ensure continuity of care and coordination
* Establishes a comprehensive information base regarding the
child's environment from which plans for nursing care and
coordination of multi-disciplinary care are developed.
* Communicates with attending physicians, other health
professionals, and agencies to ensure an individualized approach to
the child's care.
* Maintains on-going communication with attending physicians, other
health professionals and agencies to ensure coordinated approaches
to the child's care.
* Arranges home visits and performs nursing interventions in the
child's home environment.
* Identifies problems related to the child's illness and compliance
with the therapeutic plan; devises plans for resolution.
* Provides the family with health related information and
anticipatory guidance related to the impact of illness on the
child's growth and development.
* Identifies community resources, arranges and coordinates health,
education, social, rehabilitative, and economic services for the
family, (e.g., EPSDT, Medicaid), Developmental services, Child
Protection Teams, Child Advocacy Groups, and/or county school
* Provides nursing services in a critical or intensive care
* Provides nursing services in an operating room.
* Provides nursing services in a psychiatric unit.
* Performs analyses of medical service utilization habits of
Medicaid recipients and counsels and educates recipients on proper
health care utilization.
* Conducts comprehensive assessments of nursing home applicants to
determine the most appropriate setting, for the client (i.e.,
nursing home or community.)
* Coordinates with other state agencies to ensure that appropriate
services are delivered to clients.
* Provides community service prescriptions to maintain clients in a
* Communicates with Medicaid recipient health care providers to
ensure appropriate service utilization.
* Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
(Note: The knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's) identified in
this class specification represent those needed to perform the
duties of this class. Additional knowledge, skills and abilities
may be applicable for individual positions in the employing
* Knowledge of nursing principles, practices and techniques.
* Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
* Ability to provide emergency nursing services.
* Ability to participate in the planning and implementing of
treatment for patients.
* Ability to conduct individual and group therapy sessions.
* Ability to work with patients having a variety of physical or
* Ability to observe patients' reactions to medications.
* Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
* Ability to communicate effectively.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
* Ability to effectively interview and assess the health care of
* Ability to analyze complex reports and determine the service
utilization habits of clients and to evaluate the appropriateness
of that utilization.
* Licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in accordance with
Florida Statute 464 or eligible to practice nursing in accordance
with Florida Administrative Code 210-8.27 and three years of
professional nursing experience, including one year of professional
experience in a specialty field as determined by the employing
* A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with
a major in nursing or a related field can substitute for one year
of the required general professional nursing experience.
* A master's degree from an accredited college or university in
nursing, nursing education, public health, or a related field can
substitute for two years of the required general professional
The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative
Action Employer, and does not tolerate discrimination or violence
in the workplace.
Candidates requiring a reasonable accommodation, as defined by the
Americans with Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring
authority and/or People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735).
Notification to the hiring authority must be made in advance to
allow sufficient time to provide the accommodation.
The State of Florida supports a Drug-Free workplace. All employees
are subject to reasonable suspicion drug testing in accordance with
Section 112.0455, F.S., Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Nearest Major Market: Jacksonville
Keywords: Florida Department of Transportation, Jacksonville , Registered Nurse Specialist Ops - 60955149 - Med Surg, Healthcare , Macclenny, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!