REGISTERED NURSE SPECIALIST OPS
Posted on: January 26, 2023
REGISTERED NURSE SPECIALIST OPS - 60955149 Date: Dec 29, 2022
Location: MACCLENNY, FL, US, 32063 The State Personnel System is an
E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify
.Requisition No: 313145 Agency: Children and FamiliesWorking Title:
REGISTERED NURSE SPECIALIST OPS - 60955149Position Number: 60955149
Salary: $32.00 an hour Posting Closing Date: 06/30/2023 Various
Shifts available Applicant will be required to be COVID tested and
required to where appropriate PPE. 24 hours per week only. CLASS
TITLE:REGISTERED NURSE SPECIALIST ALLOCATION FACTOR(S) This is
nursing work in one of the following areas: (1) instructing
students in nursing education and practices; (2) providing nursing
service activities in conjunction with individual, group, and/or
rehabilitation therapy counseling; (3) in a psychiatric program;
(4) developing and implementing case management plans for home
based chronically and/or terminally ill children; (5) providing
comprehensive nursing services in a specialized area of practice;
(6) providing nursing services in a medical research program; (7)
evaluating the appropriateness of medicaid client medical service
utilization and correcting any mis-utilization; (8) identifying
nursing home applicants who can be maintained in the community,
prescribing/coordinating community services and
reviewing/evaluating the care and services provided medicaid
recipients by long-term facilities; or (9) conducting on-site
surveys of health care facilities for compliance with federal and
state licensure and certification requirements. EXAMPLES OF WORK
PERFORMED: (Note: The examples of work as listed in this class
specification are not necessarily descriptive of any one position
in the class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude
management from assigning specific duties not listed herein if such
duties are a logical assignment to the position. Examples of work
performed are not to be used for allocation purposes.)
- Teaches elementary and advanced nursing arts and methods.
- Assists in the preparation of lesson plans, tests, and reports
of work done by students.
- Assists in the evaluation and review of student development by
observing their work in the class, ward, or clinic.
- Orients newly admitted students and interviews them in order to
give them guidance and counseling.
- Instructs students in specialized fields of nursing such as
medicine, obstetrics, pediatrics, geriatrics, tuberculosis,
surgery, and psychiatry.
- Instructs nonprofessional employees in a variety of
professional nursing subjects.
- Participates in observing patients' physical and behavioral
reactions to medications.
- Provides emergency nursing services through crisis intervention
techniques and/or medications as prescribed.
- Conducts individual, group, family, motivation and drug
discussion groups to facilitate patients' rehabilitation.
- Participates in home visits and crisis intervention to prevent
- Participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team in the
planning and implementation of treatment for individual
- Identifies and receives referrals of high-cost, medically
dependent children eligible for specialized case management
- Works in conjunction with specialist physicians to ensure
compliance with the specialized medical therapeutic plan.
- Works in conjunction with Children's Medical Services
clinic-based nurses to ensure continuity of care and coordination
- Establishes a comprehensive information base regarding the
child's environment from which plans for nursing care and
coordination of multi-disciplinary care are developed.
- Communicates with attending physicians, other health
professionals, and agencies to ensure an individualized approach to
the child's care.
- Maintains on-going communication with attending physicians,
other health professionals and agencies to ensure coordinated
approaches to the child's care.
- Arranges home visits and performs nursing interventions in the
child's home environment.
- Identifies problems related to the child's illness and
compliance with the therapeutic plan; devises plans for
- Provides the family with health related information and
anticipatory guidance related to the impact of illness on the
child's growth and development.
- Identifies community resources, arranges and coordinates
health, education, social, rehabilitative, and economic services
for the family, (e.g., EPSDT, Medicaid), Developmental services,
Child Protection Teams, Child Advocacy Groups, and/or county school
- Provides nursing services in a critical or intensive care
- Provides nursing services in an operating room.
- Provides nursing services in a psychiatric unit.
- Performs analyses of medical service utilization habits of
Medicaid recipients and counsels and educates recipients on proper
health care utilization.
- Conducts comprehensive assessments of nursing home applicants
to determine the most appropriate setting, for the client (i.e.,
nursing home or community.)
- Coordinates with other state agencies to ensure that
appropriate services are delivered to clients.
- Provides community service prescriptions to maintain clients in
a community environment.
- Communicates with Medicaid recipient health care providers to
ensure appropriate service utilization.
- Performs related work as required. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
ABILITIES: (Note: The knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA's)
identified in this class specification represent those needed to
perform the duties of this class. Additional knowledge, skills and
abilities may be applicable for individual positions in the
- Knowledge of nursing principles, practices and techniques.
- Knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Ability to provide emergency nursing services.
- Ability to participate in the planning and implementing of
treatment for patients.
- Ability to conduct individual and group therapy sessions.
- Ability to work with patients having a variety of physical or
- Ability to observe patients' reactions to medications.
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with others.
- Ability to effectively interview and assess the health care of
- Ability to analyze complex reports and determine the service
utilization habits of clients and to evaluate the appropriateness
of that utilization. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Licensure as a Registered Professional Nurse in accordance with
Florida Statute 464 or eligible to practice nursing in accordance
with Florida Administrative Code 210-8.27 and three years of
professional nursing experience, including one year of professional
experience in a specialty field as determined by the employing
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
with a major in nursing or a related field can substitute for one
year of the required general professional nursing experience.
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university in
nursing, nursing education, public health, or a related field can
substitute for two years of the required general professional
nursing experience. The State of Florida is an Equal Opportunity
Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, and does not tolerate
discrimination or violence in the workplace.Candidates requiring a
reasonable accommodation, as defined by the Americans with
Disabilities Act, must notify the agency hiring authority and/or
People First Service Center (1-866-663-4735). Notification to the
hiring authority must be made in advance to allow sufficient time
to provide the accommodation.The State of Florida supports a
Drug-Free workplace. All employees are subject to reasonable
suspicion drug testing in accordance with Section 112.0455, F.S.,
Drug-Free Workplace Act.Nearest Major Market:Jacksonville
Keywords: MyFlorida, Jacksonville , REGISTERED NURSE SPECIALIST OPS, Healthcare , Macclenny, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!