Nurse Practitioner - Clinical Nurse Specialist
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Nurse PractitionerWe're unique. You should be, too.
We're changing lives every day. For both our patients and our team
members. Are you innovative and entrepreneurial minded? Is your
work ethic and ambition off the charts? Do you inspire others with
your kindness and joy?
We're different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly
expanding and we need great people to join our team.
The Nurse Practitioner (NP) acts as part of the clinical operations
team and is responsible for providing direct patient care in
ChenMed/Jencare medical centers, nursing homes, skilled nursing
facilities (SNF) and home settings depending on the nature of the
assignment or providing assessments to members in SNF and home
settings. The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
geriatric assessment, medical history, physical exam, diagnosis and
treatment, development of the nursing plan of care, health
education, physician referrals, case management referrals,
follow-up and clear documentation according to ChenMed standards
for quality, service, productivity and teamwork. It also includes
the participation in clinical rounds and conferences plus in-depth
documentation through written progress notes and summaries.
The Nurse Practitioner must demonstrate the ability to function
both independently and in collaboration with other health care
professionals. Consults with the manager, physician, and medical
director to ensure compliance with guidelines. This position may
require participation in risk and quality management programs,
clinical meetings and other meetings.
The Nurse Practitioner will adhere to strict departmental
goals/objectives, standards of performance, regulatory compliance,
quality patient care compliance, and policies and procedures.
Functions independently as a certified nurse practitioner for a
patient population in collaboration and consultation with a
licensed patient care team physician. Practices in accordance with
a written or electronic practice agreement.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Independently assesses acute and non-acute clinical problems.
Performs and documents physical assessments and patient histories,
analyzes trends in patient conditions, and develops, documents and
implements a patient management plan in response to the data
obtained. This also includes assisting in the development of the
nursing plan of care in addition to providing appropriate patient/
family/significant other counseling and education.
* Plans patient care based on in-depth knowledge of the specific
patient population and/ or protocol, anticipating and identifying
physiological and/ or psychological problems commonly encountered
including the consideration of the patient's cultural background,
level of understanding, personality and support systems. Serves as
* Patient management includes the following:
* Writes admission, transfers and discharges orders.
* Orders and interprets appropriate laboratory and diagnostic
* Orders of appropriate medication and treatments.
* Refers patients for consultation when indicated i.e. dermatology,
neurology, ophthalmology, endocrine, surgery, intensive care,
infectious disease, hematology, psychiatry, social service,
* Documentation through in-depth progress notes and summaries.
* May perform invasive procedures independently upon the completion
of documented competency.
* Participates in patient care rounds and conferences. Communicates
patient management strategies to members of the patient care team.
Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure
that patient management strategies are successful in meeting
patient care needs.
* Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention of a
physician, and initiates life-saving procedures when necessary.
* Uses advanced communication skills to problem solve complex
situations and to improve processes and service to patients.
Other Responsibilities may include:
* Collaborates with other multidisciplinary team members to analyze
and evaluate current systems of health care delivery to identify
and implement new practice patterns as appropriate.
* Participates in outside activities that enhance personal and
professional growth and development.
* Initiates arrangements and writes orders for SNF discharges and
completes appropriate paperwork.
* Works collaboratively with physicians, nurses, PT, social
workers, family and key caregivers to transition the patient to a
lower level of care as soon as medically appropriate.
* Introduces self to patient/family and explain nurse practitioner
* Facilitates patient/family conferences to review treatment goals,
optimize resource utilization, provide family education and
identify post-SNF needs.
* Enhances a collaborative relationship to maximize the
patient's/family's ability to make informed decisions re: goals of
care, palliative care and hospice.
* Facilitates discharge to appropriate level of care and uses
preferred providers when additional services are required.
* Prescribes medication to patients based on State of practice.
* Other duties as assigned and modified at manager's
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrated record of consistently achieving clinical
performance metrics in current role
* Strong Critical Thinking and problem-solving skills
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Time management skills with the ability to work well under
* Must be caring and empathetic and have great listening skills
* Must be detail-oriented, and able to pay close attention to
patient charts, medications, and follow-up on details of patient
* Basic computer skills and some knowledge of Microsoft Office
* This position may require 50-75% of local travel
We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for seniors and
changing America's healthcare for the better. Family-owned and
physician-led, our unique approach allows us to improve the health
and well-being of the populations we serve. We're growing rapidly
as we seek to rescue more and more seniors from inadequate health
ChenMed is changing lives for the people we serve and the people we
hire. With great compensation, comprehensive benefits, career
development and advancement opportunities and so much more, our
employees enjoy great work-life balance and opportunities to grow.
Join our team who make a difference in people's lives every single
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
* Current Nurse Practitioner Certification in the State of practice
* Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support required
* Board certification by AANP or ANCC is preferred but may be
required for certain States
* Current DEA number from the DEA for schedule II-V controlled
substances may be required based on State of practice
* 1 year of clinical experience preferred, but willing to consider
strong new graduates
Keywords: ChenMed, Jacksonville , Nurse Practitioner - Clinical Nurse Specialist, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!