RN Case Manager - Assisted Living
Company: Brookdale Corporate
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OverviewBrookdale Senior Living Resident Care Manager -A very
unique opportunity to enhance healthcare delivery in our
Jacksonville market assisted living and memory care
communities.Brookdale HealthPlus is a unique service offered to our
senior living residents and the Care Manager position is an
exciting new role designed to enhance healthcare services within
Brookdale's assisted living and memory care communities. - The
HealthPlus program is offered in limited Brookdale locations and
this unique opportunity to introduce Brookdale HealthPlus to the
Jacksonville market offers the opportunity to redesign the way care
is provided at Brookdale. -Prior experience as a care manager, case
manager, care navigator supporting chronic disease management is a
plus. - - -RN / Registered Nurse Licensure required. -Call Julie
Arnold at 703-946-2095 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply
online today! -Make Lives Better Including Your Own. -If you want
to work in an environment where you can become your best possible
self, join us! - Youll earn more than a paycheck; you can find
opportunities to grow your career through professional development,
as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and
wellness. - -Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and
retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. -
Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate DiscountsVeterans, transitioning active
duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to
apply. - -Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all
applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19
vaccination.ResponsibilitiesThe Care Manager identifies,
coordinates, and implements services necessary to improve residents
quality of life and to achieve an optimum level of wellness. Works
in collaboration with primary and specialty care providers to
develop resident-specific care plans, coordinates medically
necessary services and the delivery of care to ensure compliance
with established care plans. Serves as resident advocate and
assists in identification and continuous improvement of service
delivery (e.g. identifying and closing gaps in care, etc.).
Understands key interventions and care protocols required to treat
residents in place as appropriate. Responsible for tracking
population and other healthcare indicators. Assesses healthcare
needs and identifies community and external resources as needed.
Communicates with managed care coordinators, insurance providers
and external healthcare professionals regarding resident needs,
status, etc. (e.g. primary care providers, home health agencies,
etc.). Responsible for coordinating resources and equipment
required as needed. -
- Collaborates with community Health and Wellness Director (HWD)
to coordinate and communicate care for each resident.
- Reviews current populations medical diagnoses to identify care
needs. Assists in assessing the health, functional, and psycho
social status of residents.
- Coordinates services required to enhance optimum wellness and
manage chronic conditions.
- Assists resident with developing and implementing personalized,
holistic care plan.
- Collaborates with hospice, palliative and home health
services/therapy as indicated.
- Participates in collaborative care reviews (CCR) and care
- Assists in the achievement of occupancy goals by monitoring the
health, safety and well-being of residents, and proactively
identifying those at risk for move out. Implements timely problem
- Educates and explains Brookdales care pathways as determined by
individual diagnosis and healthcare needs.
- Provides resources for residents and families to make informed
decisions regarding choices in meeting healthcare needs.
- Effectively advocates for residents and their families the
benefits of residing and receiving care and services at the
- Provides advanced care planning education to residents and
families/responsible parties. Helps ensure each resident has a
completed Advanced Care Plan, inclusive of goals of care.
Communicates with healthcare providers to ensure care delivery is
consistent with residents Advanced Care Plan(s).
- Applies quality improvement methodology for analyzing,
improving and managing outcomes; collaborates with HWD to ensure
compliance with service plan.
- In collaboration with Clinical Coordinators where applicable,
provides oversight, coordination and family communication when
necessary during resident hospitalization and rehab stays. Ensures
return to community where appropriate.
- Communicates information in a timely manner to the appropriate
care provider regarding changes in residents health/well-being,
personal needs, risk management issues, customer service issues,
family, or outside health care provider concerns.
- Maintains working knowledge of all Brookdale business lines
(Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Clare Bridge
Crossings, Skilled Nursing Care, Home Health, Hospice, and
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
healthcare- related services. Partners with Brookdale Healthcare
Services (BHS) and BHS Care Transition Managers to determine
appropriate resident solutions.
- Completes documentation as required by Brookdale or state
- When residents return to the community after an inpatient
admission, ensures appropriate care transitions protocols are being
- Completes other duties as assigned.This job description
represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above
referenced position. It is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform
all duties as assigned by his/ her
supervisor.QualificationsEducation and ExperienceEducation as
required to obtain state nursing license (RN) and a minimum of 2-3
years relevant experience. -Certifications, Licenses, and other
Special RequirementsRN license required. -Management/Decision
MakingUses independent critical thinking judgment to make decisions
based on protocols and established guidelines. Solves problems
using standard procedures and protocols. -Knowledge and SkillsHas a
working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic
analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work
environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
-Physical Demands and Working Conditions -
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: FrequentlyBrookdale is an equal opportunity
employer and a drug-free workplace.Salary Range Information$66,870
- $85,190 / year
Keywords: Brookdale Corporate, Jacksonville , RN Case Manager - Assisted Living, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!