Medical Assistant - Edgewood
Posted on: September 21, 2023
We're unique. You should be, too. We're changing lives every
day. For both our patients and our team members. Are you innovative
and entrepreneurial minded? Is your work ethic and ambition off the
charts? Do you inspire others with your kindness and joy? We're
different than most primary care providers. We're rapidly expanding
and we need great people to join our team. The Care Promoter 1 is
an unlicensed medical professional cross-trained to perform routine
administrative and clinical tasks to keep the medical centers
running smoothly. The duties of Care Promoter 1 vary from setting
to setting, depending on the size, location and type. In addition
to administrative duties, Care Promoters perform clinical duties
under direct physician supervision in accordance with state medical
practice acts. The Care Promoter 1 is an integral member of a
Physician-lead Care Team that is focused on providing excellent and
comprehensive primary care for a specific population of patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Measures and records patient vital signs; records patient
interview and medical history.
- Catalogs and communicates patient needs to the PCP, Clinician,
Specialist and/or other clinical personnel.
- Prepares patients for examinations and performs routine
screening tests; assists physician with exams; explains treatment
procedures and physicians' instructions to patient.
- Observes patients and reports any changes in patient conditions
to the PCP, Clinician, Specialist and/or other clinical
- Perform non-critical medical and therapeutic procedures based
on medical instructions. Collects phlebotomy and other lab
specimens; performs basic waived lab tests.
- Prepares and administers medications; changes dressings,
applies bandages, removes sutures and other first aid procedures;
uses CPR skills when necessary, all under physician
- Maintains supplies, equipment, stocks and sterilizes
instruments; practices OSHA safety standards; performs accurate,
legal, and ethical documentation at all times.
- Processes patient phone messages, returning calls and routing
them to other team members as appropriate; calls patients to obtain
and relay pertinent information for the physician.
- Upon physician approval and authorization, calls in
prescriptions to the pharmacy. Uses communication skills with
appropriate medical terminology; and follows appropriate legal and
ethical professional conduct; authorized individuals will use the
ChenMed Rx system to support physician medication dispensing.
- Provides health coaching to a defined group of patients to
support healthy lifestyle choices. Follows up with coached patients
via weekly calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager's
discretion. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills with a
heart of compassion and empathy towards our patients and
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, time
management skills and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively collaborate and partner with team
members, including physicians and other clinicians, market leaders,
center managers, nurses, case managers, front desk staff, center
managers, and market leaders
- Mindset focused on resolving problems for patients and
achieving team goals
- Knowledge of medical products, terminology, services,
standards, policies and procedures
- Skilled in basic phone and computer operation
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure
timely patient flow
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite products including
Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel plus a variety of other
word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation
- Ability and willingness to travel locally and/or regionally up
to 10% of the time to assist in covering other centers, as
- Spoken and written fluency in English EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent education (GED) required
- Graduation from a nationally accredited Medical Assistant
program OR comparable healthcare vocational training (i.e.
foreign-trained physician, paramedic, etc.) required
- A minimum of 1 year of work experience as a Medical Assistant,
Patient Care Technician or similar in a hospital, medical clinic or
comparable environment OR documented clinical rotation training can
be substituted for work experience
- Experience working with geriatric patients is a plus
- EMR system experience preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart
Association (AMA) or American Red Cross required w/in first 90 days
of employment We're ChenMed and we're transforming healthcare for
seniors and changing America's healthcare for the better.
Family-owned and physician-led, our unique approach allows us to
improve the health and well-being of the populations we serve.
We're growing rapidly as we seek to rescue more and more seniors
from inadequate health care. ChenMed is changing lives for the
people we serve and the people we hire. With great compensation,
comprehensive benefits, career development and advancement
opportunities and so much more, our employees enjoy great work-life
balance and opportunities to grow. Join our team who make a
difference in people's lives every single day.
Keywords: ChenMed, Jacksonville , Medical Assistant - Edgewood, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!