Lead Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner III - Orthopedics - Orthopedic Surgery
Company: Mayo Clinic Hospital in Florida
Posted on: February 12, 2024
Lead Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner III -
Why Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic is top-ranked in more specialties than any other care
provider according to U.S. News & World Report. As we work together
to put the needs of the patient first, we are also dedicated to our
employees, investing in competitive compensation and comprehensive
benefit plans - to take care of you and your family, now and in the
future. And with continuing education and advancement opportunities
at every turn, you can build a long, successful career with Mayo
Clinic. You'll thrive in an environment that supports innovation,
is committed to ending racism and supporting diversity, equity and
inclusion, and provides the resources you need to succeed.
Upon approval by the Florida Department of Health/Department of
Professional Regulation/Board of Medicine and the Mayo Clinic
Credentialing Committee, the supervising MD may delegate health
care tasks to a Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner
(NP). The Lead Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner performs
these tasks in any of these authorized settings: clinics, hospitals
and/or ambulatory surgery centers.
Tasks may include:
* Obtaining patient history,
* performing physical examinations,
* ordering, performing and interpreting diagnostic and therapeutic
testing and procedures, formulating a diagnostic impression,
* developing and implementing a treatment plan, monitoring
effectiveness of therapeutic interventions,
* offering counseling and education to meet patient needs,
* make appropriate referrals and prescribing and dispensing
* Assists and executes bedside procedures according to specialized
competencies maintained in the credentialing office and as approved
by the Florida Department of Professional Regulation and the Board
* Actively participating in state licensing and hospital
credentialing demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and
development of the life span.
* Demonstrates ability to assess data reflective of the patient's
status and appropriately interprets information relative to the
patient's age-specific needs.
The Lead PA or NP demonstrates leadership through involvement on
committees and team projects, education and research and actively
seeks to improve the practice through performance improvement
initiatives. Active in professional organization and participates
in community activities.
In addition to the above requirement the Lead Physician Assistant
or Nurse Practitioner will complete the following:
* Performs specialized procedures per competency maintained in the
Medical Staff Office.
* Provides evaluations and consultations with indirect supervision
at least 50% of the days worked.
* Takes Call Assignments.
* A graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program and meets
the requirement for certification/re-certification by the National
Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA).
* Master's degree in Nursing required (If licensed prior to 1988,
Master's degree is not required by the State of Florida). Current
Florida APRN license is required. Certification by the ANCC in a
specialty area required.
* Demonstrated success in curriculum design and development. Prior
simulation experience is preferred.
* Prior research experience is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of
relevant educational content and appropriate methods of delivery of
education for adult learners.
* Proficient verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated leadership, problem-solving, organizational and
* Ability to establish and maintain effective interpersonal
* Ability to work with others to accomplish goals through
collaboration and coordination.
* Ability to collect, compare, sort and prioritize information to
be used in the decision-making process.
* Ability to flex work schedule including nights, weekends and
holidays to accommodate the needs of the practice.
* Strong computer skills and electronic medical record experience
* Minimum of 2-5 years of management experience preferred.
License or Certification:
* The Physician Assistant must be board-certified by the NCCPA at
the time of employment. A current or temporary Physician Assistant
registration with the Florida State Board of Medicine is
* The Nurse Practitioner must have a current APRN license to
practice in the state of Florida required. ANCC or AANP Specialty
* Registration with the Federal Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) is
* BLS required (American Heart Association or Red Cross)
Education, experience and tenure may be considered along with
internal equity when job offers are extended.
Monday-Friday 8-5 with occasional call responsibilities
Occasional weekend call (4-5 times per year)
Just as our reputation has spread beyond our Minnesota roots, so
have our locations. Today, our employees are located at our three
major campuses in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, Jacksonville,
Florida, Rochester, Minnesota, and at Mayo Clinic Health System
campuses throughout Midwestern communities, and at our
international locations. Each Mayo Clinic location is a special
place where our employees thrive in both their work and personal
lives. Learn more about what each unique Mayo Clinic campus has to
offer, and where your best fit is.
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
As an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer Mayo Clinic
is committed to creating an inclusive environment that values the
diversity of its employees and does not discriminate against any
employee or candidate. Women, minorities, veterans, people from the
LGBTQ communities and people with disabilities are strongly
encouraged to apply to join our teams. Reasonable accommodations to
access job openings or to apply for a job are available.
Keywords: Mayo Clinic Hospital in Florida, Jacksonville , Lead Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner III - Orthopedics - Orthopedic Surgery, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!