Registered Nurse-Operating Room-Camden-Clinical Leader (FT)
Company: Southeast Georgia Health System
Posted on: December 8, 2018
Southeast Georgia has an opportunity for a Clinical Leader to join our Operating Room - Camden team!
Summary: Provides functional direction to members of the perioperative team to achieve optimal patient outcomes while optimizing available resources including resource management, quality, and patient safety processes. Assists to manage the surgical area both operationally and fiscally while on duty. Assists perioperative team members in the evaluation of current practice through quality and performance improvement activities. All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote a culture of safety, follow established policies, and adhere to all state and federal regulatory requirements, Joint Commission requirements, and national patient safety standards.
The ideal Clinical Leader performs the following essential responsibilities:
- Creates a culture of safety for patients by coordinating and facilitating department operations to deliver quality care based on standards and evidence based practice. Utilizes active communication with all stakeholders to ensure the efficiency and the productivity of perioperative services day-to-day operations are maintained. Acts as a patient advocate and maintains the privacy and confidentiality of individuals and health information.
- Act as a clinical resource for perioperative team members using current practice standards, literature, guidelines, organizational policies and procedures, regulatory and accreditation standards. Thorough knowledge of and adherence to IAHCSMM, AAMI, AORN and ASPAN standards as applicable for Perioperative Services. Assists perioperative team members in the evaluation of current practice through quality and performance improvement activities to effect positive departmental change.
- Demonstrates effective, professional communication and collaborative skills with members of the team and other stakeholders. Coordinates, facilitates and effectively manages change in the surgical areas. Serves as a member of multidisciplinary teams in planning perioperative patient care.
- Utilizes effective conflict resolution techniques. Acts to resolve issues in a timely manner. Investigates unusual occurrences and follows appropriate reporting procedure(s).
- Collects and analyzes data applicable to perioperative services to facilitate collaboration and to negotiate with stakeholders.
- Participates in financial management and maintenance within prescribed budget parameters. Contributes to planning of the department(s) budget and coordinates patient care activities consistent with budgetary guidelines. Monitors workflow, productivity and daily resource utilization. Provides input for development of department(s) short and long term goals that supports the Health System Business Plan.
- Participates in interviews for perioperative personnel selection. Assists in evaluating, mentoring, coaching and supporting perioperative team members throughout the continuum of perioperative services. Monitors and coordinates personnel, supplies, equipment and essential resources are available as required. Provides guidance, support, and constructive feedback to team members. Pursues professional growth and actively participates in professional organizations. Provides guidance, support, and constructive feedback to team members.
- Assists Nurse Manager/Director with team member interviewing and selection, development/mentoring, coaching, corrective actions, and performance evaluations. In the absence of the Nurse Manager/Director, assumes clinical and managerial accountability for the department(s).
The ideal Clinical Leader candidate will possess the following minimal qualifications:
- Graduate of an NLN approved Diploma, or Associate's Degree Program; BSN degree preferred.
- 3 years RN experience. Supervisory experience and Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR), CPAN (Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse) and CAPA (Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse) certification(s) preferred.
- Current RN License to practice in the State of Georgia
- Certification required in: BLS; ACLS; PALS; Certified Nurse, Operating Room (CNOR) certification preferred; CPAN (Certified Post Anesthesia Nurse) and/or CAPA (Certified Ambulatory Perianesthesia Nurse)
- Knowledge of: policies and procedures both organizational and departmental; regulatory standards (Joint Commission, OSHA, NPSG) as well as IAHCSMM, AAMI, AORN and ASPAN standards as applicable for Perioperative Services; demonstration of leadership skills and empowerment principles
- Skill in: excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills; clear and effective verbal and written communications; leadership principles; clinical excellence; basic computer utilization (e.g., Microsoft: Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Ability to: establish and maintain effective working relationships; interpret policies and procedures, identify non-compliance, and take appropriate action; work independently; maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments; incorporate cultural and age appropriate care into all aspects of communication and patient care; attend/ participate annually as required in: online learning modules as assigned; mandatory in-service education; Team Member Health Assessment; age specific training.
Service Excellence: All team members of Southeast Georgia Health System will promote service excellence by developing and maintaining positive relationships with customers, other team members, and the medical staff and will ensure the highest quality of care by performing their responsibilities according to the highest professional standards.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or national origin. EOE/AA: M/F/D/V
#SP# Associated topics: cardiothoracic, coronary, intensive care, maternal, mhb, nurse clinical, psychatric, recovery, surgical, tcu
Keywords: Southeast Georgia Health System, Jacksonville , Registered Nurse-Operating Room-Camden-Clinical Leader (FT), Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!