Registered Nurse (RN) - Cath Lab - Jacksonville
Company: FL-Jacksonville-SVM-St Vincent's Riverside
Posted on: January 15, 2019
We Are Hiring Join our family of dedicated, highly skilled cardiac catheterization lab nurses at St. Vincent's Riverside. We boast a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients. St. Vincent's Riverside is home to a large and prestigious cardiovascular program which will afford you the opportunity to gain invaluable experience in your role. In this thrilling environment, each day will bring variety and excitement to your work. As a Cath Lab nurse, you will have direct impact on a patient's life and make a difference each day by helping to calm the nerves of our patients undergoing procedures. Our nurses have the support from everyone in the team, from the physicians, to the radiology techs, to the scrub techs. The combination of everyone's skill and experience makes the Cath Lab run smoothly and helps to back up the growing skills of a new associates. As an associate of Ascension, you will enjoy a full benefits package that boasts affordable health coverage and generous PTO. Schedule: Flexible 8-Hour Day shift position with call. Working as a Catheterization Nurse, you will be involved in patient care for angioplasty, stents, IVC filters, as well as, pacemakers/ICDs. You will provide direct nursing care to patients undergoing diagnostic, therapeutic and interventional procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab. Key Responsibilities:
- Assess, prepare and position patients for procedures.
- Perform conscious sedation and hemodynamic monitoring as necessary.
- Prepare, implement, and document care plans.
- Communicate patient's condition to physician before, during and after procedures.
- Perform set up and provide equipment and supplies before, during and after procedures.
- Participate as a technical support team member during procedures.
- Provide guidance and teaching for patients and significant others.
- Maintain interdepartmental communication and participate in the performance improvement and enhancement process. Qualifications
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred Work Experience: 1+ years critical care experience highly preferred Equal Employment Opportunity St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to individuals hired, including PRN, part-time and temporary employees and students. Additionally, St Vincent's Healthcare is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web based program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS Verification Division, and the Social Security Administration that supplements the current I-9 eligibility verification process. The program determines whether the information provided by the new hire matches government records and whether the new hire is authorized to work in the United States.
Keywords: FL-Jacksonville-SVM-St Vincent's Riverside, Jacksonville , Registered Nurse (RN) - Cath Lab - Jacksonville, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!