Medical Lab Scientist (MLS)
Posted on: February 16, 2019
We Are Hiring
We are hiring for a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS)) to work full time in our Chemistry Lab at our St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside. This is an excellent opportunity to be a part of a wonderful team with growth opportunities.
Join our family at St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside. As the flagship location for St. Vincent's HealthCare, St. Vincent's Riverside is a 528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an ever-constant flow of patients. The Family Birth Place at Riverside, supports a 10-bed, Level 2Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)for babies with special needs and our Private LDRP rooms boast a homelike environment with a private bath.
Why join Ascension?
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job. It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to a legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve, associates benefit from significant professional opportunities, career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace.
What you will do:
As an Associate with St. Vincent's HealthCare-FL, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic/analytic testing of laboratory specimens, and interpret, document and report test results in compliance with department procedures and applicable regulations.
- Implement, validate, and report laboratory test results.
- Perform instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Conduct quality control and quality assurance testings.
- Maintain supplies needed for performance of tests.
- Assist with data collection or special projects as assigned.
- Assist in documentation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staff statistics/reports.
- Shift: 3PM - 11PM and alternate every third weekend
- What you will need:
- Required Credential(s):
- One or more of the following:
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Any specialty is applicable.
- Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Florida State Licensed MLS in Chemistry and Hematology preferred Education:
Associate degree, or Technical degree required
2 years of experience preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers and students.
St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Jacksonville , Medical Lab Scientist (MLS), Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!