Surgical Services Coordinator
Posted on: August 17, 2019
We Are Hiring Join our family at Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside.
As the flagship location Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside is a
528-bed hospital with a fast paced, exciting atmosphere and an
ever-constant flow of patients. Why join Ascension? Working
together as a team, our nurses are incredibly supportive of each
other and care for each other as family. With a perfect mix of
steady patient flow with relaxing effectiveness, Ascension St.
Vincent's Riverside is a truly balanced environment. With a mission
established 100 years ago, your role on the team will contribute to
a Legacy that has supported our community for over a century.
- Caring Team: Working together as a team, our nurses are
incredibly supportive of each other and care for each other as
- More Than a Job: Working for Ascension is more than just a job.
It's a career where your talent and passion for delivering quality
healthcare can make a difference for patients, team members, and
the community. With a mission established 100 years ago, your role
on the team will contribute to a Legacy that has supported our
community for over a century.
- Strength in our People: At Ascension, we believe our people are
our strength and we invest in them. In addition to the chance to
have a positive impact on the people and communities we serve,
associates benefit from significant professional opportunities,
career advancement, training and competitive wages. We also support
work-life balance and spirituality in the workplace. What you will
do: As an Associate with Ascension St. Vincent's Riverside, you
will have the opportunity to coordinate activities and tasks in
support of surgical and central sterile services. Responsibilities:
- Coordinates shift operations including scheduling, assigned
activities, and resources.
- Serves as a technical or functional resource for staff and
performs similar duties.
- Assigns, monitors and reviews progress of work. Monitors and
reports compliance with policies and procedures.
- Oversees and evaluates orientation and training of assigned
associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff
- Oversees utilization and maintenance of supplies, instruments,
and equipment. Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Preferred Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
- Registered Nurse credentialed from the Florida Board of
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- BSN highly preferred Work Experience:
- 2 years Surgical Services experience required.
- 1 year minimum CVOR/PV experience.
- 2 years of management experience highly preferred.
- Prior management experience highly preferred. Equal Employment
Opportunity St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for
employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression,
age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information,
carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a
covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and
local laws. Please note that Ascension will make an offer of
employment only to individuals who have applied for a position
using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent
offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking
information from applicants.E-Verify Statement To comply with
federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act
(IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment
Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to all hired
individuals regardless of schedule and hours, including volunteers
and students. St. Vincent's HealthCare participates in the
Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the
E-Verify link below for more information. E-Verify (link to
Keywords: Ascension, Jacksonville , Surgical Services Coordinator, Healthcare , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!