Traffic Intermodal Customer Service
Company: Norton Lilly International
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The Traffic Intermodal Customer Service Representative (CSR)
will be responsible for the provision of professional, quality
customer service through effective use of organizational and
managerial skills, sales and product knowledge, administration and
operations, and human resource management skills. The primary focus
is to ensure the efficient operation of the inside sales branch
through effective management techniques and the motivation,
training and development of subordinates. The CSR contributes to
the profitability of the organization by establishing a highly
successful and efficient sales and service environment. This
individual is the product and service champion ensuring all
front-line staff members have the product knowledge required to
match identified client needs and generate quality
referrals.Specific Essential Job Duties:
- Ensure availability and response to phone inquiries from all
internal and external customers in a courteous and professional
- Bid out and quote on new merchants haulage business as
requested by SEL.
- Monitor other customer entry points (i.e. Outlook, Fax) for
customer inquiries and respond within agreed upon deadlines with
all relevant information.
- Serve as a liaison for our customers, including truckers, to
other related entities such as terminals, other Service Center, and
- Monitor and verify cargo movements and gate receipts.
- Liaise with US agents, original office and Consignee.
- Process invoices and create third party invoices as
- Maintains contact with internal and external customers and
- Understands and maintains customer profiles.
- Coordinate auto appointments and barge coordination.
- Maintains accurate, timely, and thorough records in proprietary
- Manage Exceptions and reviews database for errors and
- Performs routine data entry. This includes entering new orders
and shipment information into computerized tracking systems and
traces shipments with steamship lines, trucking vendors, railroads,
and other suppliers and updates information into operations
- Troubleshoots and resolves exceptions and responds to
escalation of service requests.
- Ensures customer satisfaction at all times.
- Provides input to team leader and group manager on departmental
initiatives and process improvements projects.
- Performs typing, faxing, mail distribution, phone messaging,
and other office related duties as required.
- Scans and separates documents in Document Management
- Update schedule, logs and tasks daily.
- Updates other all operating systems as required (including QA
and User Acceptance Testing).
- All other duties as assigned by management.Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent and some college-level math
or accounting courses required
- One (1) year of experience with increasing responsibilities in
a similar or related industry
- Position requires a high degree of problem-solving capability
and a component of customer service.
- Basic MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) required, Advanced MS
Office (SharePoint, Access, Outlook) preferred
- Communicates clearly with excellent verbal, written and
- Ability to work as an individual contributor or as a valued
participant in a team-based environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality, with tact and
- Positive, courteous, and customer service focused
- Strong attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy with
- Self-motivated, and able to work under pressure with minimal
- Aptitude to become proficient with company computerized
tracking systems within a short amount of time
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good organization skills.
- Promotes best practices
- 10 key by touch
- Typing speed of 30 (minimum)
- Not all aspects of the job are covered by the descriptions,
other duties may be required
- Position may change as the industry and technology
evolvesWorking Conditions:General office setting, typically the
employee may sit comfortably to perform the work, usually at a
computer terminal with short breaks or lunch period. However, there
may be some bending/stooping, reaching above shoulder level,
walking; standing; carrying of light items such as papers, books or
packages of up to 25 pounds. Should be able to hear and speak
clearly using phone/headset to communicate with customers; be able
to navigate, view and enter information into the computer.
Keywords: Norton Lilly International, Jacksonville , Traffic Intermodal Customer Service, Hospitality & Tourism , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!