Company: Jacksonville River City Downtown Hotel
Posted on: November 23, 2021
Preferred hours are 5:30am to 2:30pm.The Cook is responsible for
preparing all food items, based on standardized recipes, for the
Restaurants, Room Service, Employee Cafeteria, and Banquets, while
maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and
appetizing product. He/she is also responsible for ensuring the
cleanliness, sanitation and safety in the kitchen and work areas
while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production
ratio.Position Qualifications and Requirements:Education &
- High school diploma or GED Certification is preferred, and/or
equivalent work experience.
- Certification/permits in food sanitation, food handling
- Certification as required by franchise required.Physical
- Long hours sometimes required, including nights and
- Medium Work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to withstand extreme variance to hot and cold
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly, both oral
- Must work well in stressful, high-pressure situations.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding and clarifying
concerns and issues raised by team members and guests.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information, data,
etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet
the constraints of a particular need.
- Must be able to prioritize departmental functions to meet due
dates and deadlines.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic function.Responsibilities that may
include any and all of the following:
- Approach all encounters with guests and team members in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Prism standards,
as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs
of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes a clean, pressed uniform and correct nametag when
- Comply at all times with Prism standards and regulations to
encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Must, at all times, be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers, and other team members.
- Prepare meals in accordance with the portion and quality
standards specified in recipes or as otherwise designated by the
supervisor; controls food usage to minimize waste.Duties and Job
- Prepare the next day's work on a daily basis according to prep
- Advise supervisor of low inventory items; assist in receiving
items and taking inventory as required.
- Maintain sanitation and cleanliness standards in the kitchen
area that meet or exceed the state and local Health Board
inspection and franchise requirements.
- Report all unsafe or malfunctioning equipment to
- Assist in dishwashing or other kitchen duties as needed.
- Respond quickly to guest requests in a friendly manner. Follow
up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Have thorough knowledge of menus and the preparation of items
as required according to hotel standards.
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards to
ensure portion control and consistency.
- Complete necessary food and station preparation prior to the
opening of the kitchen in order to ensure that guests are served
promptly and efficiently during the restaurant and Room Service
- Prepare and display buffet food items according to the hotel
standards and with an eye for detail.
- Proficiency in the following cooking techniques: charbroiling,
poaching, deep-frying, saut--, and braising, roasting,
- Recognize quality standards in fresh vegetables, fish, dairy,
and meat products. Inform management of any sub-standard product
prior to accepting delivery.
- Knowledge of herbs and spices and proper use of same.
- Maintain clean and sanitary environment with knowledge of
proper handling, storage, and sanitation.
- Prepare food for Banquets, as required, following
specifications on Banquet Event Orders.
- Breakdown buffets and kitchen line, storing food and equipment
properly at the end of each meal period.
- Know the location and operation of all fire extinguishing
equipment and be familiar with hotel's emergency procedures.
- Practice safe work habits, including "clean as you go" at all
times to avoid possible injury to self or other team members.
- Keep all equipment assigned in good working order (i.e.,
knives, thermometer, etc).
- Use Production Charts as specified by hotel's standards.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the company SOP and
- Cook orders as per chit from server. Handle any special
requests of guests in a positive manner.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure
not to prepare over estimated needs.
- Properly portion all items on your assigned station.
- Control food waste, loss and usage per standard. Assist in
setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost
- Check pars for shift use and determine necessary preparation,
freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or
possible shortages. Assist in keeping buffet stocked.
- Perform periodic temperature checks on food that is held on the
line, both cold and hot, per standard. Record temperatures
accurately and adjust as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend all training/meetings as required by management.
Keywords: Jacksonville River City Downtown Hotel, Jacksonville , Breakfast Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!