Company: FLAGLER COLLEGE INC
Location: Saint Augustine
Posted on: September 23, 2022
St Augustine Campus - St Augustine, FL
$12.00 - $12.00 Hourly
Purpose: To perform the cleaning, minor repair and refuse
collection tasks necessary to keep the College buildings and
facilities clean, orderly and in good condition.
- Vacuums, sweeps, dry- and wet-mops, dusts, waxes, polishes and
scrubs hallways, lobbies, stairways, offices, classrooms, restrooms
and other spaces, fixtures and furnishings as assigned.
- Washes and polishes windows, glass partitions, mirrors and
other glass surfaces of buildings interior or exterior, using
cleaning agent, sponge and squeegee.
- Picks up refuse from walkways and around exterior of
- Straightens desks and other furnishings to return rooms to
- Launders and replaces linens in guest house.
- Replenishes paper and soap supplies in restrooms.
- Empties trash containers and replaces plastic liners.
- Inventories stocks to ensure adequate supplies, and notifies
Head Custodian of reordering needs.
- Ensures that equipment is well-maintained and working
- During the summer months, assists with preparing rooms fully
for the next school year.
- Notifies management of need for major repairs.
- Performs other maintenance, groundskeeping and custodial tasks
- Performs such other college-related duties as may be required
by the Superintendent or Assistant Superintendent.
Applications will be accepted until the positions are filled.
- Ability to comprehend oral and written instructions.
- Ability to perform considerable physical effort, including
lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds several times a day
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders and to work in overhead
structures as well as around and beneath machinery
- Willingness to wear personal protective equipment as needed and
to practice safety precautions appropriately
- Valid state drivers license and ability to operate College
- Satisfactory work record and attendance
- Must possess good interpersonal and communication skills in
order to serve others.
- Must be able to comprehend, speak and write the English
language and must be able to operate a computer.
Flagler College provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital
status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, or any other protected characteristic. In addition to
federal law requirements, Flagler College complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every location in which the College has facilities. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff,
recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and
Inquiries regarding discrimination on the basis of sex and gender
may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Assistant
Secretary for Civil Rights at the United States Department of
Education Office for Civil Rights (OCR), or both. Contact
information for the above referenced Title IX Coordinator and OCR,
as well as the Colleges Sexual Harassment Policy can be found here:
Keywords: FLAGLER COLLEGE INC, Jacksonville , Custodian/Housekeeper, Hospitality & Tourism , Saint Augustine, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!