Housekeeper / Custodian- Northeast, FL
Company: Encompass Onsite LLC
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Our commitment to quality service and performance begins with
hiring people aligned to our Core Values: Trust & Respect,
Improving Lives, and Continuous Progress. Our Encompass team
members are talented and are enthusiastic about working in the
building maintenance field. With support and recognition from
co-workers and management, our employees have an opportunity to
attain professional development and career growth along with
personal satisfaction in a dynamic and friendly environment. NATURE
OF WORK Our Housekeeper/Custodians contribute to the operational
effectiveness of our Encompass client locations by daily cleaning
and supplying all the facility rooms (i.e.: patient rooms,
offices), restrooms, lounges, waiting areas, and other areas, as
assigned. Encompass Onsite House Keepers use cleaning devices,
products, supplies and equipment to perform their job at the
highest level to ensure the cleanliness of the facility for guests,
patients, and staff. EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Operates mechanized cleaning equipment, such as vacuums.
- Maintains facility in a sanitary and infection-free condition
through washing, cleaning and replacement of equipment and
- The work area will be dirty, damp, and/or dusty prior to you
completing your job duties
- Dispose trash, waste, and other materials.
- Manages cleaning solvents, chemicals, and germicides and must
comply with all regulations such as OSHA, EPA, State Health
- Follow job assignments.
- Damp dust furniture, light fixtures, windowsills, etc.
- Wet mop floors.
- Clean wash basins, mirrors, commodes, & showers, air
- Report any needed repairs immediately to supervisor (such as
leaking faucets or toilets, loose tile, broken windowpanes, missing
nuts, or screws, etc.)
- Wash windows as scheduled.
- Check area for water spills and clean immediately to avoid
- Maintains housekeeping equipment and utility closets in a clean
and orderly manner.
- Routine office and/or classroom cleaning? Clean washbasins,
mirrors, commodes, tubs, and showers daily.
- Other duties as assigned. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required.
- Duties require verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and maintain effective working relationships
with other employees and the general public. PREFERRED
- Previous housekeeping experience.
- Prior solid surface (resilient floor) care experience.
- Valid Florida Drivers license. PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position demands good physical and mental health.
- Required to lift, carry, walk, sit, push, pull and move
continuously during the work hours.
- Ability to lift and/or carry 25 to 45 pounds throughout the
day. SUPERVISION RECEIVED
- General supervision received is from a professional supervisor
who confers on difficult problems and reviews completed work for
quality of professional results. Tasks are performed under little
direct supervision allowing use of independent judgment SUPERVISION
- None. Encompass is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other
factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. FLSA
Status: Non-Exempt EEO Class Code : Service Worker Powered by
Keywords: Encompass Onsite LLC, Jacksonville , Housekeeper / Custodian- Northeast, FL, Hospitality & Tourism , Macclenny, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!