Guest Services Rep Part Time
Company: Extended Stay America
Posted on: June 15, 2019
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The guest service representative position must demonstrate and
promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible
experience for our guests and associates. The position is
responsible for assisting guests at all times, checking in and
checking guests out in accordance with company guidelines and
procedures. The position is also responsible for completing all
necessary front office daily paperwork, ensuring that all safety
and security procedures are in place in accordance with company
guidelines and standards for all associates and guests.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the
best possible experience for our guests and associates.
- Job function to include assisting guests at all times,
responding to all guest requests with diligent follow through,
processing reservations, registration, payment, and departures in
accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Job functions to include selling the value of ESA to all
inquiries (via telephone and in person) and strives to convert them
into reservations and occupied rooms in compliance with company
- Job functions to include collecting all relevant guest
information, probing for potential sales leads and identifying
- Job functions to include empowerment to resolve guest issues
through the Make it Right process. GSR must embrace ESA's service
culture and treat all guest and associates with the utmost of
respect and kindness.
- Job functions to include handling collection efforts of all
in-house balances. The GSR is responsible for accounting all cash,
check, credit card and city ledger accounts through the property
- Job function to include a thorough understanding of the
property management system, working through all shift reports and
performing the audit function when necessary and assigned.
- Job function to include setup, maintenance and take down of the
breakfast when required by time of day.
- Job function to include maintaining an organized and clean work
area behind the front desk, lobby and guest commons, in compliance
with company standards.
- Job function to include periodic tours of the property to
ensure safety and security of all associates and guests. Report all
safety and security issues directly to the manager.
- Compliance with all safety and security policies and
- Assisting to clean any areas of the hotel as assigned by the
manager when needed to include but not limited to font desk,
associate break room, guest laundry, fitness room, vending areas,
stairwells and common areas.
- Cross training into the housekeeping and laundry areas so that
assistance can be given as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness
- And any other duties as requested by the management team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently and interact
with guests, associates and law enforcement.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to understand and follow guidelines, procedures and
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or
feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and
stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee
frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently
exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally
works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to
fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic
- Associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations
within a reasonable geography.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree( GED); or one
to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Extended Stay America, Jacksonville , Guest Services Rep Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!