Company: One Call
Posted on: November 22, 2021
HR GeneralistJOB SUMMARY:
- Handles the day-to-day administrative HR operations support in
the areas of employee relations and compliance. This position will
also be responsible for assisting with various HR functions and
initiatives company wide. -This position is responsible for
coordinating, implementing and assisting in the execution of HR
programs at One Call locations and providing support to colleagues
and management.GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform HRIS data entry for employee data changes;
onboarding/offboarding responsibility; I-9s; E-Verify; maintain
employee personnel files; etc.
- Assist with maintaining HR policy & procedure documents.
- Counsel and assist departments and managers on staff training
and development, job assignments, performance appraisals,
compensation reviews, disciplinary actions and
- Communicate, as well as counsel, employees and managers on
effective use/implementation of company and HR policies and
- Assist HRBPs with investigation of employee issues by
interviewing all parties involved, researching documentation, and
obtaining relevant information from members of management.
- Work closely with managers and supervisors to evaluate and
proactively ensure employee engagement and satisfaction to prevent
employee turnover. Assist managers and supervisors with employee
engagement activities to emphasize quality, continuous improvement,
and high performance. Conduct exits interviews to assess
opportunities to improve retention.
- Administer open door policy by listening to employee complaints
to determine appropriate action.
- Ensure all locations remain in compliance with applicable labor
- Perform other projects/assignments as assigned.EDUCATIONAL
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources (HR), 1-4 years of
relevant HR work experience, Business Administration, -or -the
equivalent combination of education, training, and work
experience.GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- General knowledge of Human Resources policies and
- Working knowledge of Employment and Labor laws (EEO, FMLA,
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong data entry skills, with an innate understanding that
good data is key to company/board level reporting.
- Strong aptitude for problem solving, and organization.
- Ability to objectively evaluate information gathered.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, in both
spoken and written formats.
- Direct experience working to resolve employee relations
- Working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word, and internet at an
- Ability to work on moderate to complex projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with employees, management, and clients.
- Desire to work collaboratively as part of a team with a results
driven approach.PHYSICAL/EMOTIONAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- For roles located in office or home settings; this job is
primarily sedentary and may involve repetitive motions; the
employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers,
speak, and hear.
- For roles located in the field; this job is primarily active;
the employee is regularly mobile and must be able to utilize
transportation (such as driving), sit, use hands and fingers,
speak, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and lift
objects (up to 10 lbs. weight; up to 4 ft. height).
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability
to see things from a close distance and ability to adjust
- The work environment utilizes florescent lighting; noise level
- The emotional demand of the job may cause undue stress from,
but not limited to, moderate/heavy workload.
- Reasonable accommodations will be individually assessed and
possibly made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions of the position.
- Please be advised the job description is subject to change at
any time.EEO EmployerJacksonville, FL, United States
Keywords: One Call, Jacksonville , HR Generalist, Human Resources , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!