Human Resources Assistant
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At CoreCivic, we do more than manage inmates, we care for
people! CoreCivic is currently seeking a Human Resources Assistant
who has a passion for providing the highest quality care in an
institutional security setting. Who We Are:
- CoreCivic is the leading, national provider of high-quality,
secured corrections and detention management services, providing
effective programs that enhance public safety and prepare
individuals for success after release.
- Headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, with more than 70
security facilities nationwide, CoreCivic security employees are
driven by a deep sense of service, high standards of
professionalism and a responsibility to better the public good.
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.What You Get To Do:
Change the lives of those in your care! The Human Resources
Assistant performs varied and moderately complex clerical functions
and related general office duties that require independent judgment
in the use of work methods and procedures in the areas of human
resources and payroll administration. They will provide support in
the areas of employee benefits and services, employee relations,
compliance, safety and health, wage and salary administration,
performance management, and employment which includes recruiting,
selection, and orientation.
- Review and process human resources and payroll documents.
Verify that required forms are accurate and complete for
- Maintain personnel and medical files in compliance with policy
- Process personnel and payroll documents through regular use of
software applications, including but not limited to, promotions,
demotions, transfers, and salary changes.
- Assist in the implementation and administration of human
resources policies, procedures, and programs. Respond to staff
inquiries or requests regarding HR programs or refers to
appropriate staff member or Facility Support Center for further
assistance as needed.
- Assist with the implementation, and maintenance of an on-going
recruiting program for staffing needs.Qualifications:
- High School diploma, GED certification or equivalent is
- Two years of experience in full-time clerical or administrative
office work is required, preferably in human resources
administration. Additional qualifying education at an accredited
college, business school or technical institute in office
administration or a related field may be substituted for the
required experience on a year-for-year basis up to one year.
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications or other similar
software applications is required.
- Knowledge of JD Edwards and Kronos is strongly preferred.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Minimum age requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age.
CoreCivic is a Drug-Free Workplace & EOE including
Keywords: CoreCivic, Jacksonville , Human Resources Assistant, Human Resources , Nicholls, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!