Technology Business Consultant
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Position Type : Full time Type Of Hire : Experienced (relevant
combo of work and education) Education Desired : Bachelor of
Computer Science Travel Percentage : 25 - 50%Job DescriptionThe
world of finance moves fast. At FIS, we re faster . Our teams are
empowered to learn, grow, and make an impact-in their careers and
communities. We deliver innovation that advances the way the world
pays, banks, and invests. If you want to grow personally and
professionally, we d like to know: Are you FIS? About the Role:
- We have several Technology Business Consultant II and Senior
roles available. Candidates will be chosen for the appropriate
level based on their experience. on the NextGen implementations
team, you will be developing and delivering solutions to meet the
unique needs of FIS customers.
- You will work in a consultative environment, analyzing and
implementing solutions designed to propel FIS clients into the
forefront of the financial industry.
- You will work with Modern Banking Platform (MBP), a real-time
core banking platform with a next generation architecture that is
- The MBP solution provides a multitude of configurable features
designed to meet the unique business needs of retail and commercial
institutions as well as digital and branch banking.
- You will be integral through all project phases from discovery
& requirements gathering through to postproduction support. About
the Team: This role is within the NextGen implementations team. We
work with Modern Banking Platform (MBP), a real-time core banking
platform with a next generation architecture that is cloud ready.
We work in a consultative environment, analyzing and implementing
solutions designed to propel FIS clients into the forefront of the
financial industry. The MBP solution provides a multitude of
configurable features designed to meet the unique business needs of
retail and commercial institutions as well as digital and branch
banking. You will be integral through all project phases from
discovery & requirements gathering through to postproduction
support. What You Will Be Doing:
- Gather and document clear and accurate business and functional
requirements by leading or participating in interactive sessions
and workshops with clients.
- Expertly research and document client needs related to system
design, construction, and implementation.
- Define specifications and data models for product development
- Lead and direct critical project deliverables including the
configuration of the MBP system, with focus on loan & deposit
account events (i.e., interest accrual, interest posting, account
maturity, loan billing, transaction processing) and in some cases
managing system and back-office processing (i.e., End of day
processing, system balancing, exception reconciliation).
- Schedule and facilitate client meetings (including preparing
minutes and capturing action items with summarized status
- Adhere to project plans, ensuring that deliverables are
completed on time or alternatively, communicating those tasks that
cannot be completed with detailed explanation and mitigation
- Support various testing phases such as system integration, user
acceptance, implementation readiness and functional
- Analyze marketplace, industry, company, technology trends and
best practices, vendor products and services, etc. What you will
- Bachelor s degree in business or related field preferred.
Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Minimum of 5+ years experience in the banking and financial
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL queries
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of attention to quality,
detail, correctness, and deadlines.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e.,
waterfall, agile, iterative, and other modern approaches to
software development and conversion methodologies.Added bonus if
- Analytical, decision making, problem-solving, interpersonal,
team and time management skills.
- Detail oriented while with the ability to view the broader,
larger scope of projects and clients business requirements.
- Able to work in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment.
What We Offer You: At FIS, we hire the best. In return, you receive
exceptional benefits including:
- Opportunities to innovate in fintech
- Tools for personal and professional growth
- Inclusive and diverse work environment
- Resources to invest in your community
- Competitive salary and benefits Vaccination Requirements Notice
to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated
against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a
medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices
that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption
from the vaccine requirement.LI.Privacy StatementFIS is committed
to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information
that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For
specific information on how FIS protects personal information
online, please see the Online Privacy Notice .EEOC StatementFIS is
an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here
supplement document available here For positions located in the US,
the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer
of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA
Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to
include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this
position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have
been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All
reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on
a case-by-case basis. Sourcing ModelRecruitment at FIS works
primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of
our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept
resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred
supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for
resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part
of our company.
Keywords: FIS, Jacksonville , Technology Business Consultant, IT / Software / Systems , Callahan, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!