NoSQL Database Administrator
Company: Software Guidance & Assistance
Posted on: February 16, 2019
Software Guidance & Assistance, Inc., (SGA), is searching for a NoSQL Database Administrator for a contract assignment with one of our premier healthcare services clients in Jacksonville, FL .
- The Senior IT Database Administrator (Senior DBA) provides consultation related to database management and administration.
- The Senior DBA's perform detailed data flow analysis ensuring the highest levels of efficiency in database and query design in distributed data flows.
- Senior DBA's administer database systems to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
- The Senior DBA is responsible for maintenance, control and testing of complex databases which provide orderly methods of data storage and controlled access to data.
- Senior DBA's also maintain complex query language for established database systems, design and execute backup and recovery schemes and implement disaster recovery procedures.
- The Senior DBA serves as a subject matter expert providing consultation to end-users and project team members on database management, query development, system requirements and database change management initiatives and providing technical guidance to other DBAs.
- Consults on database, architecture and related infrastructure technologies to all areas and levels within IT.
- Consults on exploiting opportunities involving multiple hardware and software systems, issue resolution, providing innovative business solutions, etc. to both internal and external customers and partners.
- Provides technical leadership on the implementation of leading-edge database technologies and the design and implementation of large-scale technical solutions based on business requirements.
- Develops and ensures compliance with all system, disaster recovery and security audit policies.
- Writes complex programming/scripts.
- Participate in disaster recovery design, testing and execution
- Monitor and evaluate database performance and adjust database configuration as appropriate
- Provide technical leadership to other DBAs
- Design process for database change management issues related to environment migration
- Make highly complex physical changes to current databases, often this requires working after hours
- Maintain operational documentation (e.g., procedures, task lists, architecture blueprints)
- Provide subject matter expertise to corporate projects and initiatives
- Work with users and IT partners to understand requirements for a physical database design
- Provide database consulting expertise to corporate projects and initiatives applying PMM and development life cycle concepts
- Address customer concerns and issues related to database management
- Evaluate database performance and adjust configuration appropriately
- Provide production support for outages, restore/recovery events
- Optimize implementation of system design in order to optimize performance and effectiveness while realizing the optimum technical issues.
- Other duties as assigned Required Skills :
- 5 or more year's professional experience as a senior database Administrator with strong working knowledge as Operational/Systems and applications DBA to setup and support ( 2 out of 3 of the following) MongoDB 3.x and 4.x, Postgres (EntepriseDB) 10.x/11.x, Cassandra (DataStax) 6.7. (If they do not have Postgress experience must be willing to learn it)
- Bachelor's degree in an IT related field or equivalent work experience.
- In depth knowledge of the MongoDB/Postgres/Cassandra architecture.
- Experienced in installing, configuring and upgrading MongoDB, Postgres, Casandra databases and clusters.
- Experience in configuring and supporting Enterprise Manager, Ops Manager, Ops Center.
- Experience in deploying NoSQL databases in Linux on Power environment and good understanding of operating system concepts of Linux (RHEL).
- Proven experience in working in a mission critical environment in a multi-terabyte database platforms.
- Strong hands on experience to work with document based aAA AA JSON data structures.
- Working knowledge of architecting, configuring, setting up Tier-1, highly available deployments.
- Perform routine maintenance on several database environments including application of updates, patches, and hotfixes.
- Experience in automating routine database administrative tasks.
- Creating databases, migrating database objects from non-production to production environment.
- Designing and building data models, schemas, views, and tables to support application requirements
- Working knowledge of Database Security mechanism, data encryption, obfuscation, auditing using tools such as Guardium.
- Extensive experience designing and executing backup and recovery concepts and procedures.
- Experience in measuring database performance issues and troubleshooting complex database issues, I/O bottlenecks, and hands on experience of turning workload.
- Experience in using Splunk, Nimsoft for Availability and performance.
- Good understanding of licensing options and optimization.
- Experience in scripting languages (shell or python or Perl) for automating DBA administrative tasks.
- Experience with automation tools such as Control-M.
- Experience in implementing Postgres STIG implementation, testing, and other vulnerability remediation.
- In-depth knowledge of IT industry database technologies and processes and business applications integrated with database technologies.
- Provide 24 x 7 Support to Critical production systems.
- Knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
- Experience in working closely with the application development teams to resolve any performance related issues and provide application support. Preferred Skills :
- Database Administration Certification for MongoDB, Postgres, Cassandra.
- Added advantage of knowledge of administration of db2, Oracle, MySQL.
- Continually investigate methods to improve system reliability and performance, provide input on capacity planning and high availability, zero downtime maintenance and upgrade paths.
- Implement and support big data tools and frameworks such as HDFS, HBase.
- Implement and support streaming technologies such as Kafka and Spark.
- Health care industry related experience.SGA is a Certified Women's Business Enterprise (WBE) celebrating over thirty years of service to our national client base for both permanent placement and consulting opportunities. For consulting positions, we offer a variety of benefit options including but not limited to health & dental insurance, paid vacation, timely payment via direct deposit. SGA accepts transfers of H1 sponsorship for most contracting roles. We are unable to sponsor for Right-to-Hire, Fulltime, or Government roles. All parties authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply for all roles. Only those authorized to work for government entities will be considered for government roles. Please inquire about our referral program if you would like to submit a candidate for any of our open or future job opportunities. SGA is an EEO employer. We encourage Veterans to apply. To view all of our available job postings and/or to learn more about SGA please visit us online at .
- provided by Dice Analysis, Architecture, Backup and Recovery, Business Requirements, Capacity Planning, Change Management, Consulting, Database, Database Administration, DB2, DBA, Development, Disaster Recovery, Encryption, Hardware, HTTP, Inquire, Linux, Manager, Management, MongoDB, MySQL, mysql, NoSQL, Oracle, Perl, Programming, Project, Project Management, Python, Scripts, Security, Testing
Keywords: Software Guidance & Assistance, Jacksonville , NoSQL Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!