Company: Constangy Brooks Smith & Prophete LLP
Posted on: January 15, 2021
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP seeks a legal assistant
with 2 - 10 years' experience for the firm's Jacksonville, FL
office. This position supports the delivery of quality legal
services to clients by providing administrative assistance to
attorneys and performing specialized secretarial and clerical tasks
pertaining to complex litigation matters. The successful candidate
will work collaboratively with others in a team-oriented
environment. This position supports a set of attorneys as a primary
assignment and also provides back-up secretarial assistance to
others as assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Proofread all documents for grammatical, typographical or
spelling errors, and completeness prior to distribution or
- Maintain and organize physical and electronic files. Follow the
standard naming and profiling conventions when scanning, emailing,
and saving documents to the document management system.
- Draft standard pleadings, correspondence, memoranda and other
- Possess high level of awareness and protection of confidential
- Exhibit good judgment and organizational skills to receive,
record and disseminate all information on behalf of the clients and
assigned attorneys (e.g., mail, interoffice mail, email,
- Consistently provide friendly and helpful telephone support
and/or receptionist relief.
- Regularly anticipate the needs of assigned attorneys in order
to promote timekeeper efficiencies (i.e., draft correspondence,
prepare materials for meetings in advance).
- Routinely review and follow-up on client deadlines and calendar
- Coordinate and make necessary arrangements for meetings (i.e.,
depositions, mediations, interviews, and vendor and facility
- Assist assigned attorneys with completing and tracking CLE
compliance, presentations and training programs, other business
development activities, and organizing all other non-billable
- Manage the conflict check and client intake process for new
- Maintain attorney specific case lists, charts, and status of
cases and outcomes.
- Consistently and professionally communicate with clients,
opposing counsel, vendors, and firm personnel.
- Consistently complete assigned tasks when expected while
managing multiple assignments and/or deadlines.
- Review and follow-up on client deadlines, emails, and calendar
- Develop, implement, and maintain systems to promote
organization and efficiency.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Accurate typing transcription of dictation. (50-60wpm
- Strong computer proficiency in the use of MS Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), Document Management System, Time
Entry, e-Filing and database software.
- High level use of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling and
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work under
pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and
attention to detail.
Qualities ideal candidates will have:
- Maintains an exceptional customer service attitude and demeanor
at all times.
- Takes ownership; gets the job done without the need for
prodding or supervision.
- Adapts well to fluctuations in workload and changes in
- Maintains a professional demeanor in high-stress
- Works effectively and efficiently to complete all tasks in a
- Maintains a positive and can do attitude when dealing with
clients, co-workers, and attorneys.
- Contributes to an atmosphere of teamwork and
- Is punctual and reliable.
- Demonstrates initiative, flexibility, resiliency, and a
willingness to adapt to change.
- Open-door work environments
- Some overtime as necessary with overtime pay
- Firm Rankings & Accolades: https://bit.ly/2xff44g
- Health, Dental, and Vision Plans
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Life Insurance
- Onsite Parking
- Gym reimbursement
*These benefits are subject to change
Constangy, Brooks, Smith & Prophete LLP is an Equal Employment
Opportunity employer committed to providing equal opportunity in
all of our employment practices, including but not limited to
selection, hiring, assignment, re-assignment, promotion, transfer,
and compensation. Our Firm prohibits discrimination, harassment, or
retaliation in employment based on race; color; religion; national
origin; sex (including pregnancy); age; disability; genetic
information, citizenship status; military service obligations; or
any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local
This position is NOT open to submissions by external recruiters or
search firms. PI127935790
Keywords: Constangy Brooks Smith & Prophete LLP, Jacksonville , Legal Assistant, Legal , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!