Jacksonville, Florida, United States Business Operations
Under the leadership of the Market President and the Sr. Market
Development Manager, the Manager of Strategic Programs and Local
Partnerships develops and leads the execution of regional programs
and initiatives designed to grow and retain key business segment
membership (ACA, Medicare, Local Markets), manages key
relationships with assigned civic and for-profit organizations,
develops and provides targeted education for ACA and commercial
lines of business, advances new outreach strategies consistent with
OEP/AEP directives, and collaborates with the Market Affairs
Specialist to direct the activation of sponsorships and foundation
programs to grow brand awareness and earned media, and to enable
regional growth goals. This role is visible in the local community
as a "face" of the organization, and represents Florida Blue on
boards and public speaking. Under the direction of the Sr. Market
Development Manager, this role plans the Go To Market strategy in
the local market by leveraging local market knowledge and
expertise, leading teams and coordinating with multiple internal
stakeholders including wholly owned GuideWell assets and
• The essential functions listed represent the major duties of
this role, additional duties may be assigned.
Market Development & Education
• Serves as a regional leader for ACA and Medicare Go To Market
planning and works with GWC, distribution channel partners and
Segments to leverage local market knowledge, develop programs to
drive education and lead generation, and prioritize organizations,
events, and sports sponsorships to drive OEP/AEP sales and
• Partners with Local Markets Sales Manager and sales reps on a
comprehensive mid-market retention strategy designed to leverage
local relationships particularly with non-profit groups to retain
and grow preferred mid market segment business.
• Develops a portfolio of value added educational seminars
applicable to diverse audiences to facilitate prospecting to key
• Responsible for executing sales strategy by educating
potential members through group presentations, conducting community
outreach programs, and providing consultations that inform and
influence health insurance purchasing decisions for ACA and Local
Market group business.
• Builds relationships with strategic customers to make sure
they are well served, have access to Guidewell assets and service
through education and relationship management, strengthening
opportunities for renewals.
• Prioritizes a portfolio of non-profit and community
organizations based on business needs and develops targeted
relationships to enable prospecting, retention, and worksite
• Maintains current knowledge of markets, penetration rates,
product knowledge and sales opportunities.
Regional Leadership and Community Development
• Under the direction of the Market President and Sr. Market
Development Manager, and in collaboration with the Local Area Sales
Manager, local contracting Directors, the Manager of Strategic
Programs and Local Partnerships coordinates and supports the
promotion of key strategic provider groups.
• Provides regional external leadership to community through
experience, knowledge and reputation, making Florida Blue a trusted
advisor in communities we serve though participation in external
board and committees, community leadership and as a spokesperson
for external speaking engagements.
• Serves as leader and advocate on external boards and
committees to build trust and position Florida Blue as a thought
leader in the community.
• Collaborates with Market Affairs Specialist, Senior Media
Relations Manager, Local Presence Team and other stakeholders, to
develop partnerships and programs with community organizations
consistent with the regional leadership strategy to raise brand
awareness and increase earned media to enable outreach to targeted
growth segments during AEP/OEP.
Organizational Effectiveness & Cultural Competence
• Partners with U65/O65 Segment and IMI to support
retention/growth of members by supporting the implementation of
focus groups to better understand consumer behavior
recognition, as well as perception/knowledge of insurance).
Leverage existing Local Presence relationships to target the
participants based on geography, socio-economic status and
• Identifies local partnerships that can be leveraged in
partnership with GuideWell Communities to gain insights and develop
solutions to enhance the experience for our customers and to drive
Enterprise diversity initiatives that support market backed
• 5+ years the health care industry, public speaking and
education, sales and relationship management, Florida Blue health
insurance products/services and Health Care Reform work experience
or equivalent combination of transferable experience and
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
• Demonstrated experience in developing and managing outreach
programs with non-profit and faith based groups.
• Proven ability to develop persuasive presentations and
• Experience with building relationships within the business and
external to Florida Blue
• State of Florida 2-15 Health, Life and Annuities License OR
must be licensed within 3 (three) months of hire date
• Experience communicating effectively with all levels of an
organization and to diverse audiences
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate both internally among
departments and externally with key stakeholders; ability to work
in a matrix or virtual environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently and within
• Must be able to influence without authority and work with all
levels of the enterprise.
• Ability to lead and to coordinate efforts across-functional
• Ability to travel extensively to local community based events
• Ability to work evening/weekend hours.
• Strong understanding of local non-profit community and
demonstrated ability to forge trusting relationships to key
community and advocacy organizations.
• Knowledge of local political landscape, as well as business
and community leaders.
• Deep business acumen of GuideWell products and services
• Bilingual communications skills, preferably
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.