Accounts Payable Specialist
Company: KeHE Distributors
Posted on: September 17, 2020
Overview:Good people, working with good people, for our common
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is
all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more
exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about
working in an environment with a people-first culture and an
organization committed to good living, good food and good service,
we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:The Accounts
Payable Specialist will match original invoices and requests for
payment with internal purchase orders, receiving paperwork, or
other supporting documentation, such as appropriate authorization
and approval to pay. They will also perform calculations to
determine appropriate payment schedules and amounts, and make
modifications as necessary. Ensure supporting documentation is
provided timely in preparation for check processing.Essential
- Review and process trade and/or expense vendor invoices for
payment. Responsible for the communication, escalation, and
resolution of exception invoices, payment disputes, and preparation
and entry of invoice or MCB chargeback repayment requests.
- Receive and review purchase orders, check requests, and/or
other related documentation for completeness and compliance with
financial policies, procedures, and contractual requirements.
- Match original invoices and requests for payment with internal
purchase orders, receiving paperwork, or other supporting
documentation; perform calculations to determine appropriate
payment schedules and amounts, and make modifications as necessary.
Ensure all supporting documentation is provided timely upon request
and in preparation for check processing.
- Review voucher entry for accuracy prior to posting the batch
- Support workflow efficiencies and adherence to internal
controls, policies and procedures to provide ongoing feedback to
management, while making recommendations for corrective action or
process improvement opportunities.
- Proactively communicate with the, A/P Lead and A/P Supervisor
regarding the status and resolution of outstanding invoices,
disputed payments, and exception invoice processing issues.
- Promote, develop, and enrich internal and external customer
- Accurately prepare voucher adjustments for approval and entry
into the A/P system.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- Other duties and special projects as requested.
Minimum Requirements, Qualifications, Additional Skills,
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- A minimum of one (1) year experience.
- Basic data entry, 10-key and word processing skills including
proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Knowledge of AS400, J.D. Edwards preferred.
- Knowledge of general accounting and standard accounts payable
procedures, policies and standards.
- Technical aptitude for working with various financial systems
- Excellent mathematical skills.
- Excellent grammar, verbal and writing skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, resourceful and well
- Good telephone skills.
- Comfortable performing multi-faceted tasks in conjunction with
day to day activities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to get along with
diverse personalities, tactful and flexible.
- Functions well in a team environment.
Keywords: KeHE Distributors, Jacksonville , Accounts Payable Specialist, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!