Continuous Improvement Leader
Company: Advanced Drainage Systems
Posted on: February 23, 2021
ADS Careers - ADS Pipe - Continuous Improvement Leader in
Bessemer City, North Carolina - Careers at Charlotte Skip Branding
Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
law. The following link provides information about your equal
employment opportunity protections: EEO is the Law
Learn more about the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) here
ADS Careers - ADS Pipe - Continuous Improvement Leader in Bessemer
City, North Carolina - Careers at Charlotte Skip to Main Content
Please Enable Cookies to Continue Please enable cookies in your
browser to experience all the personalized features of this site,
including the ability to apply for a job. Welcome page Welcome page
Returning Candidate? Log back in! Continuous Improvement Leader Job
Locations US-NC-Bessemer City Posted Date 23 hours ago (1/20/2021
9:33 PM) Job ID 2021-7902 Category Manufacturing Overview
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc
(ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic
corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water
management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products
and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of
end markets and applications, including residential,
non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We
have established a leading position in many of these end markets by
leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall
product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence.
Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63
manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we
became a public company traded on the NYSE--. To enable our
continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic
organization. Responsibilities The Continuous Improvement Leader
works as part of a team that coordinates and strategically leads
performance improvement throughout the manufacturing operations
using Lean, Six Sigma and other Operational Tools and
Methodologies. The CI Leader will be involved in all facets of
operations, safety, quality, engineering, logistics, providing
project and process improvement support. The successful CI Leader
is able to develop and deliver LSS training content in both
workshop environments and remotely by conference calls or webinars.
The CI Leader is a mentor and coach for the factory leadership
teams to strengthen capability in areas of lean operations and
Primary Job Responsibilities:The responsibilities of this position
include, but are not limited to:
- Drive the development and implementation of CI improvement
plans consistent with and in support of the strategic plan and
business operating plan.
- Lead local improvement teams both directly on selected projects
and through other team leads as needed.
- Mine and analyze data to support the project selection
- Provide training and develop training-related materials.
- Follow-up and audit project progress to ensure results are
achieved and sustained.
- Resolve implementation issues, creating and managing
implementation communication processes, and ensuring
- of implemented processes and programs throughout manufacturing
- Utilize OEE and other tools to identify gaps in performance
versus best practices, and then work with all levels of the plant
in establishing and executing a strategy for improving them.
- Generate correspondence, host conference calls, meetings and
events to launch projects, and support initiatives.
- Routinely engage and support Corporate leaders and task force
groups to guide and/or manage improvement efforts
- Lead, assistant and develop deliverables such as standard work
to sustain improvement efforts.
- Using various project management tools and systems, prepare
detailed plans, drive project performance and assure timely
completion of goals and objectives.
--Job Skills:This position should possess the following
- Strong foundation of the Microsoft Office suite of software,
Visio, Smartsheet, project software
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Photography & video work
- Oracle, or other ERP systems
- Understanding of quality systems
- Facilitation and team building
- Management, Leadership and motivation
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Process design and improvement
- Project management & multi-tasking
- Leading and managing change
- Coaching and training
- Knowledge of Asset Management Programs
- Business and technical writing
- Understanding of our Safety systems, programs and
- Understanding or our Machine Tool Operations Educational
Requirements & Work History:
- Bachelor's of Science preferred in a field relevant to plant
- A minimum 5 years of experience in manufacturing setting,
- In depth knowledge of Continuous Improvement (CI) tools and
Lean Six Sigma methodology.
- Displays initiative, desire to drive change and is motivated to
- Proven project management.
- Strong communication skills - shop floor through
- Experienced transformational leader. Physical Requirements:The
Position requires full range of body motion on a daily basis to
including twisting, bending, and reaching
Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with extreme hot and
The employee will be required to travel up to 20% to various
facilities in the US and Canada.
Capable of working on your feet for an extended period of time. EEO
Statement Advanced Drainage Systems is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Options Apply for this job online
Apply Share Email this job to a friend Refer Sorry the Share
function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the
page and try again later. Share on your newsfeed Loading...
Application FAQs Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Advanced Drainage Systems, Jacksonville , Continuous Improvement Leader, Other , Hilliard, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!