Join us. We could use someone like you!
Can you imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day
positively affects the lives of the people in your community?
Working at the Y, you'll discover more than a job-you'll enjoy a
career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting
difference in the lives of those around you.
If you are a person who wants more than just a job, who wants
your efforts to have an impact on your community and who wants to
work in a welcoming and positive environment, then you are someone
we'd like to work with us. Join us!
Delivers excellent service to all members, guests, and program
participants. Responds to member and guest needs, promotes
memberships and programs, and maintains cleanliness and
organization of the lobby area.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program
participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member
- Interviews and/or tours prospective members; sells
- Closes tours at branch goal.
- Builds relationships with members; helps members connect with
one another and to the YMCA.
- Contributes to Daxko Engage branch goal.
- Handles and resolves membership concerns and informs supervisor
of unusual situations or unresolved issues.
- Contributes to branch retention rate.
- Applies all YMCA policies dealing with member services.
- Acts professionally. Maintains accurate weekly attendance
records and adheres to cleaning standards. Follows dress code,
punctuality, and timekeeping standards.
- Uses the YMCA's 15 Service Basics, 3 Touch Model and Standard
Service Response phrases when interacting with all members and
- Uses Engage More technology to create relationships with
- Completes Members Achieve More Form.
- Articulates the Y's Mission in order to provide assistance to
all and participates in the annual campaign.
- May hand out locker keys and towels; may monitor the locker
rooms as required.
- Completes annual trainings in a timely manner (Redwoods, CPR,
First Aid, etc.)
NOTE: This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values.
Community: Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Develops Others: Takes initiative to assist in training and
Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a
high-value experience for members.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge
and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and
demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Professional knowledge of systems, processes.
Emotional Maturity: Accurately assesses personal feelings,
strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
- Certifications required within 30 days of hire: CPR/AED, and
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to connect with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Previous customer service, sales or related experience.
- Basic knowledge of computers.