.Net/C# Software Engineer II
Company: Fidelity National Information Services
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Engineering
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll
have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and
relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented
people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is
open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all
About the team
FIS is searching for talented software engineers for a variety
of roles within our Banking Solutions Technology Development
division. You can look forward to an exciting and dynamic career
working on a variety of technologies and expect to master multiple
programming languages and technology platforms. FIS is committed to
continuous modernization of our platforms as we create the
innovative financial solutions that improve the way the world
banks, pays and invests.
What you will be doing
- Provide application software development services and technical
support across a suite of financial software products.
- Develop program logic for new applications or analyze and
modify logic in existing applications.
- Code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain software
- Maintain, test and integrate application components.
- Make recommendations towards the development of new code or
reuse of existing code.
- Ensure system improvements are successfully implemented.
- Analyze requirements and translate business requirements into
- Write technical specifications and other forms of
- Suggest technical alternatives and improves/streamlines
processes and systems.
- Complete project assignments and special projects commensurate
with job expectations.
- Conduct planning, analysis and forecasting activities to plan
projects and tasks.
- May participate in component and data architecture design,
performance monitoring, product evaluation and buy vs. build
- May provide leadership and/or guidance to other technical
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems
or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work
- 5+ years coding experience
- Expertise in .NET and C#.
- Expertise in SQL Server.
- Experience in working with large legacy code bases.
- Proficiency in business modeling and requirements definition
disciplines through, use cases, etc.
- Excellent people skills to build high levels of customer
satisfaction for internal and external customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical
and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization,
e.g., executive, management, individual contributors.
- Willingness to share relevant technical and/or industry
knowledge and expertise to other resources.
- Excellent problem-solving, team and time management
- Resourceful and proactive information gathering and sharing
Added bonus if you have:
Bootstrap, TypeScript, Azure.
- Knowledge of end-to-end systems development life cycles, i.e.,
Agile, iterative and other modern approaches to software
- Knowledge of the banking industry.
- Working knowledge of multiple IDEs and debug utilities.
- Working knowledge of test-driven development.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a
broad spectrum of opportunities.
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and
- A broad range of professional education and personal
development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant
issues in financial services & technology.
- Time to support charities and give back in your community.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all
personal information that we process in order to provide services
to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects
personal information online, please see the Online Privacy
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information,
national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here
supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply.
If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be
required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this
job description care was taken to include all competencies needed
to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans
with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of
the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA
reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests
will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a
relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment
agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies
which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible
for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our
employees, or any other part of our company.
Keywords: Fidelity National Information Services, Jacksonville , .Net/C# Software Engineer II, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!