Procedural Specialist - Jacksonville, FL
Company: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company)
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Job Description Summary
Why join us?
A career at BD means being part of a team that values your
opinions and contributions and that empowers you to bring your
authentic self to work. Here our associates can fulfill their
life's purpose through the work that they do every day.
You will learn and work alongside inspirational leaders and
colleagues who are equally passionate and committed to fostering an
inclusive, growth-centered, and rewarding culture. Our Total
Rewards program - which includes competitive pay, benefits,
continuous learning, recognition, career growth, and life balance
components - is designed to support the varying needs of our
diverse and global associates.
To learn more about BD visit https://jobs.bd.com/
At the BD Pharmaceutical Company, what matters most is helping
all people live healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and
preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our
time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might
be found. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We
collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the
uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be
an equal opportunity employer.
Under direct supervision, trains to perform duties related to
the preparation and manufacture of active pharmaceutical
ingredients, intermediates, and/or medical devices in accordance
with standard operating procedures, as regulated by quality,
environmental, and safety agencies (FDA, OSHA, etc.).
- Possess a basic understanding of production processes within
area of assignment and a working knowledge of manufacturing
- Follow GMP, s and standard operating procedures.
- Follow process and utility flow diagrams.
- Transport materials of varying weight in accordance with
established safety guidelines using material handling equipment and
additional assistance as required.
- Perform area safety inspections to identify safety hazards and
report findings in accordance with company protocols.
- Demonstrates adherence to safety procedures by monitoring
personal and peer behaviors, work environment and
- Participate in internal audits and support additional team
activities as requested.
- Participate on site investigative teams and where applicable,
NCR, s and behavioral safety assessments. Correct and/or mitigate
findings from assessments.
- Provides overtime as needed
- Performs all duties with attention to quality, safety and
environmental matters. Items include: wearing appropriate personal
protective equipment, recognizing, reporting, and appropriately
responding to hazards in the work area (spills/accidents/near
misses), maintaining proper housekeeping at all times, and properly
labeling and storing chemicals.
- Carries out duties in compliance with all state and federal
regulations and guidelines including FDA, ISO, and OSHA. Complies
with all company and site policies and procedures.
- Assume responsibility for the environmental effects of work
performed and for the identification and recording of environmental
problems as they arise.
- Follow all applicable aspects of the site Environmental
Management System as it pertains to normal job duties.
- Complete all regulatory training as assigned (GPM, s, ISO14001,
- Complete Operator Training Program according to established
- Be available for other projects or assignments as requested by
- Continuously looks for ways to simplify or improve products,
services, systems, and processes to achieve business goals, e.g.,
improve yield, cycle time, quality, and productivity.
- Makes a positive contribution through demonstration of ability
to seek out assistance from co-workers as needed; to suggest ways
to improve upon current operations practices and systems; and to
learn new skills, procedures and processes
- General education degree (GED) required or 6 months of work
experience in a manufacturing environment is required
- Work experience in chemical, pharmaceutical, or industry that
complies with GMP is highly preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand Basic English.
- Operating skills of manufacturing equipment, tools, and
hand/fork lifts is preferred
- Basic PC navigation such as the ability to enter data into
programs/software applications as instructed and use software
applications for mail, word processing, spreadsheets and other job
specific needs is preferred.
- Ability to communicate and effectively work as part of a team
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other
Primary Work Location
USA TX - El Paso - Northwestern Dr.
Keywords: BD (Becton, Dickinson and Company), Jacksonville , Procedural Specialist - Jacksonville, FL, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!