Staff Development - RN
Company: Signature Healthcare
Posted on: June 12, 2021
Signature Healthcare of Jacksonville, a 180-bed facility. It is
our mission as a family- based organization to revolutionize the
long term care industry through a culture of patient centered
healthcare services, personalized spirituality, and real quality of
Signature HealthCARE is a family-based healthcare company that
offers integrated services in 10 states across the continuum of
care: skilled nursing, rehabilitation, assisted living, memory
care, home health, cognitive care, and telemedicine.
A growing number of our centers are earning quality assurance
accreditation and pioneering person - directed care. Many of our
skilled nursing facilities have achieved a 4 or 5-star overall
rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
Additionally, we have been awarded as a certified Great Place to
Work for three years in a row and Modern Healthcare's "Best Places
How you will make a difference
- Develop and implement job skills training, in-service education
as required by regulations and employee health monitoring for the
nursing department employees.
How you will spend your time
- Meet the physical and sensory requirements stated below and be
able to work in the described environment.
- Identify and participate in process improvement initiatives
that improve the customer experience, enhance work flow, and/or
improve the work environment.
- Work cooperatively with the Administrator, Human Resources and
Director of Nursing in assessing educational needs and plan
programs to meet these needs and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor certification and licensure status and renewals.
- Administer TB and Hepatitis B vaccines, as requested.
- Obtain, develop and maintain files regarding all programs
presented to facility employees.
- Maintain a current schedule of all students and outside
instructors who may be in the facility doing clinical
- Ensure all employees complete hours of required training during
the required time period.
- Assist Human Resources with the new hire On-Boarding
- Conduct competency skills review on hire and annually for all
- Provide skill training to new staff in any deficient area noted
above before allowing the nursing assistant to perform the task
with a resident.
- Coordinate and track all in-services regarding mandatory
- Evaluate in-services training to develop programs that enhance
resident care skills.
- Regularly check the competency of C.N.A. skill performance,
positive regard for residents, and developmental needs of direct
care staff. Provide 1:1 instruction immediately, if necessary.
- Participate in hiring process as screener/interviewer for all
nursing department personnel, as requested.
- Participate in QA meetings to identify training needs.
- Collaborate with all disciplines to develop/present educational
programs, as needed.
- Other special projects and duties, as assigned.
The qualifications you will need
- Registered Nurse with required current state licensure.
- Minimum three (3) years of clinical experience in a health care
setting; long-term care setting preferred.
- Must have a current/active CPR certification.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures,
as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that pertain to
- Effective verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word,
Excel, Power Point and Outlook, Internet and Intranet
- Highest level of professionalism with the ability to maintain
- Ability to communicate at all levels of organization and work
well within a team environment in support of company
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, excellent
organizational skills with ability to prioritize, coordinate and
simultaneously maintain multiple projects with high level of
quality and productivity.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, take initiative and
make independent decisions.
- Ability to deal with new tasks without the benefit of written
- Approachable, flexible and adaptable to change.
- Function independently, and have flexibility, personal
integrity, and the ability to work effectively with stakeholders
SignatureHealthcare is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action
Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran and other
Keywords: Signature Healthcare, Jacksonville , Staff Development - RN, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!