Postal/Zip Code: 32258
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division, part of Oldcastle
Materials Southeast Division of Companies, is the leader in
production of high-quality hot mix and warm mix asphalt, and, with
a team of skilled contracting professionals, Preferred Materials -
Asphalt Division also offers design-build and
conventional-bid-build solutions for roadway and civil construction
projects. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, and with offices
throughout Florida and in Savannah, Georgia, and Hardeeville, South
Carolina, Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division performs asphalt
paving, grading, and related roadway services. Our employees make
Preferred Materials - Asphalt Division a great place to work. We
promote a strong safety culture, where employees take
responsibility for their own safety.
We are seeking a motivated, safety and career-minded individual
to join our team to work on various pieces of construction
equipment whether it involves, grade or pavement work.
The selected candidate will be required to work in a team
environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Safely and efficiently operate heavy equipment of various sizes
and weights used in road, site or highway construction and
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA
regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer
major problems to the Foreman.
- Perform daily pre-and-post inspections with appropriate
documentation in compliance with company policies.
- May perform other duties such as shoveling asphaltic materials
and assisting with maintenance of asphalt finishing machine to
include adding or removing screed extensions.
- Follow directions of Foreman as to daily tasks and expectations
for each specific project or job site.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job requires the following motions: stretching, bending,
lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, throwing, walking, standing,
reaching and squatting. Requires regular lifting of 25 pounds;
occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds. Uses tools such as a shovel,
asphalt rake and asphalt lute. Walking and standing each occupy
approximately 50 percent of the work day. Overtime work is often
required. May be exposed to extremes of hot or cold weather. May be
exposed to vehicular traffic. Required riding to and from job
sites. The job duties described herein are not exhaustive and may
- Minimum high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Previous related experience in the construction field and/or
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North
America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the
hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid
to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family.
Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure,
letting you work in a small company environment while having the
career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle's Southeast Division Companies include: Preferred
Materials - Asphalt & Concrete, Conrad Yelvington Distributors and
Midsouth Paving & Aggregates.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding
challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Please complete your online application and profile which will be
sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your
interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Division is an Affirmative Action
and Equal Opportunity Employer
Oldcastle Materials, Southeast Divisions is part of the
Date Posted: May 12, 2021