Company: AAR Corporation
Posted on: June 12, 2021
The Warehouse Supervisor, under the direction of the Program
Manager, will work with the Warehouse personnel (if applicable), in
conjunction with the Program Manager or, to monitor, direct, and
ensure that all incoming shipments are received properly and all
outgoing shipments are sent in a timely and proper fashion.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and implement work methods and procedures to increase
productivity and improve service in the warehouse.
- Ensure cross training of duties is conducted to the lowest
- Ensure support equipment is maintained and serviceable.
- Work with Management to ensure program metrics are met.
- Motivate warehouse and shipping personnel to ensure that
predetermined productivity, cost and quality standards are achieved
- Ensure safety and housekeeping
- All other duties as assigned.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organizations policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training
employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Commitment to company values and ethics
- Dependability: personally responsible, completes work in a
timely manner, and performs tasks accurately
- Motivation: must maintain a positive attitude and strong work
- Organization: very detail oriented and always comes
- Communication: excellent interpersonal and oral and written
- Initiative: plans work and carries out tasks without detailed
instructions, prepares for problems or opportunities in advance,
undertakes additional responsibilities.
- Strong judgment and decision making
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
- Experience in leading small groups of highly diversified
individuals to achieve common outcomes and results is
- Excellent team building skills.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Associates degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or
technical school; or four years related experience and/or training;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 2 years of experience working in a warehouse.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of ISO 2015 and/or AS9120 preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
regularly required to sit, stand, bend, reach and move about the
- The environmental characteristic for this position is a
warehouse setting. Candidates should be able to adapt to a
traditional warehouse environment.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds and comply with
Keywords: AAR Corporation, Jacksonville , Warehouse Supervisor, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!