Base Building Tech III - $10,000 Relocation Bonus
Posted on: July 21, 2021
Candidates located 50 miles or more from the site are eligible for
an additional $10,000 Bonus. This bonus will paid within 30 days of
your start date.
About Maintenance at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for
our speed, accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver
tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide,
every day. Reliability Maintenance & Engineering (RME) are the
business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it
all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of
the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are
met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
The Building Technician III supports operation, inspection, and
maintenance processes to mechanical, electrical and plumbing
equipment and systems in assigned facilities. Performs inspections
and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas,
including walls and flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems,
lighting, etc. The Building Technician III also ensures critical
infrastructure such as HVAC and fire suppression systems are
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including
comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching
401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But
wait, there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are
because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest
will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
· Supervises and directs contractors and monitors performance of
their assigned responsibilities.
· Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance
service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is
accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and
· Manages contractors, including selection, scheduling and job
assignments, appraisals and recognition.
· Maintain lighting system bulbs and ballasts
· Assist the operations team in the maintenance and repair of
building and equipment
· General interior maintenance – hang pictures, repair office
furniture systems, minor plumbing
· Completes special tasks that include but are not limited to;
painting, locksmith work, tenant services requests, and general
maintenance as assigned.
· Moves office furniture, machinery, equipment and other materials
· Perform assigned facility inspections and due diligence efforts,
reporting on as found conditions impacting satisfactory client
occupancy and operations.
· Maintain and operate HVAC and building management system,
evaluate and improve chronic comfort issues
· Inspect, maintain, and document work done to life-safety
equipment such as fire suppression.
· Ensure compliance with both regulatory and industry
best-practices for volatile infrastructure such as pressure
vessels, electrical infrastructure with greater than 40 calories of
incident energy, etc.
· Respond effectively to all emergencies.
· Comply with all safety procedures, maintaining good housekeeping
and safety of work areas. Recognize danger and safety hazards and
propose methods to eliminate them
· Complies with all policies for the safe storage, usage and
disposal of hazardous materials.
· Participate in ongoing technical, safety, and operational process
· Maintains a clean and safe work environment and maintain
compliance to State, County, or City Ordinances, Codes, or
· Documents work performance and materials procurement as directed,
using work order system
· Must have ability to lift up to 49 pounds with or without
reasonable accommodation, and use ladders up to 30 feet.
· A valid state driver’s license and pass MVR check
· Other assigned operational tasks as may be typically expected of
the Building Technician III role
· 1+ year of experience working with computers and Microsoft Office
(Outlook, Word, Excel)
· Work a flexible schedule/shift/work area, including weekends,
nights, and/or holidays
· High school or equivalent diploma
· Basic Qualifications
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 5+ years of experience working with automated conveyors and
· 5+ years of experience with electrical and electronic principles,
National Electrical Code (NEC), and industrial electronics
· 5+ years of experience conducting preventative maintenance
· 5 + years of experience reading blueprints and schematics
· 5 + years of experience with Programmable Logic Controls (PLC)
· 3+ years of work order management
· Completion of an applicable technical training program
· 3+ years of applicable working experience in general building
repair and maintenance, basic plumbing, and basic electrical
· 2+ years of experience in the operation and maintenance of a
large scale utility plant including boilers, reverse osmosis units,
chillers, cooling towers, diesel generators and electrical power
· Possess mechanical and electrical aptitude
· Experience working with established GMP procedures in the
operation and maintenance of utility equipment
· Successful candidate must be self-motivated who can work
independently or on a team
· Ability to seek outside resources as needed
· Ability to effectively communicate ideas through verbal and
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is
an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit
Keywords: Amazon, Jacksonville , Base Building Tech III - $10,000 Relocation Bonus, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!