CHEF, SOUS - HOURLY (FULL-TIME) @ DCPS
Company: Compass Group
Posted on: July 23, 2021
Posted Date: Jul 15, 2021
- We have an opening for a full-time SOUS CHEF -
- Location: Duval County Public Schools; 2924 Knights Lane
East, Building 5, Jacksonville, FL 32216 Note: online
applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T Schedule; Details provided upon
- Requirements: Prior food service experience is required!
Additional requirements below:
- Excellent Customer Service
Skills are required!
- Participate in interaction
with Duval Count School Students
- 80% Local Travel
*Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
- JOB FAIR
WHEN: Saturday, January 11th,
2020 I 9:00AM - 1:00PM
WHERE: Edward White High School - 1700
Old Middleburg Road North, Jacksonville, FL 32210
Please apply in
advance and bring your updated resume!
WE MAKE IT EASY!
- You can now chat or text-to-apply, in addition to our
standard online apply. Just text JOB to 75000 &
search for the requisition ID number 605811 . Click here to view
- You can now prerecord video introductions. Be more
than just words on a resume and get in front of the hiring manager
faster. Click here to get a sneak peek
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may
be interested in joining our team.
Want to influence a generation? How about working in a place
where you know you make a difference. Try one of our 4000 public
and private school locations managed by Chartwells School Dining
Services. That’s about 2.6 million young students we provide meals
and food service for each day. Eat. Learn. Live exemplifies
Chartwells’ promise and philosophy that nourishing students is not
only our business; it’s our commitment to the communities in which
Full time associates at Chartwells K-12 are offered many
fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Helps Executive Chef prepare and
cook foods. Coordinates activities of cooks and other food-service
associates. Assumes responsibility for kitchen and food-service
associates in the absence of Executive Chef.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cooks and prepares food following approved recipes and
production standards. Ensures all deadlines are met based on
- Supervises hourly food service associates. Includes
interviewing, scheduling, payroll, training, counseling,
participating in reviews and recommending disciplinary action, as
- Stores food in designated areas following all corporate, state
and federal food safety and sanitation procedures.
- Ensures proper food handling, presentation, portion control and
maintenance of appropriate serving temperatures.
- Maintains sanitation of equipment, supplies and utensils.
Cleans workstation thoroughly before leaving area. Keeps display
equipment clean and free of debris during meal service to comply
with all sanitation, safety, production and merchandising
- Interacts with customers to resolve complaints in a friendly,
service-oriented manner. Relays relevant information directly to
- Demonstrates complete understanding of daily menu items and
accurately explains them to associates and customers.
- Keeps up with peak production and service hours.
- Monitors inventory and deliveries of product and supplies.
Tracks product production, consumption and waste. Informs
supervisor when supplies or product are low.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At
Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates
fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience
without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business
necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los
Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box
Keywords: Compass Group, Jacksonville , CHEF, SOUS - HOURLY (FULL-TIME) @ DCPS, Other , JACKSONVILLE, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!