Data and Cloud Migration Manager (Commercial Lines)
Company: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.
Posted on: September 13, 2021
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in
ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and
employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide
opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a
new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next,
you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts
with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team.
Bring your dreams.
R22756 Data and Cloud Migration Manager (Commercial Lines) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your
geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:109000Compensation Maximum:191000
The Data and Cloud Migration Manager (Commercial Lines) is
responsible for the successful definition, delivery and support of
software solutions to end-user clients to meet business needs.
Manages relationships with multiple business stakeholders;
assembles and manages a cross functional team required to complete
client work; defines implementation plans, effort, and cost;
manages risks and problems, assess the quality of the work and
ensures the final product meets client expectations. Maintains an
awareness of other projects and activities within the division and
their possible effect on ongoing department work. Promotes and
provides an environment conducive to teaming within a matrix
Project Delivery & Support (25%)
- Owns a portfolio of projects, managing multiple concurrent
projects with shared resources.
- Identifies and requests the skill sets needed to optimally
staff an approved client project. This includes acquiring the
appropriate resources from the division's resource pools, acquiring
client resources, and acquiring other resources (i.e. vendor
consultants, etc.) that may be needed for a given project.
- Ensures the quality, timeliness and cost of projects meet
client and business requirements. Leads or assists with project
problem resolution by gathering pertinent information, consulting
with impacted areas, considering alternatives and making timely and
- Renegotiates resources, scope, timeline, or other project
variables when needed and assists with conflict resolution.
- Ensures project communications on status and issues are
delivered to business clients and management in a timely
Relationship Management (20%)
- Manages relationships with multiple business stakeholders,
understanding their business drivers and the future direction of
the business. Recommends products and services to satisfy client
- Reviews all of the activities that the I/S Division is
performing on behalf of the client. Provides a single point of
contact and single voice for mass communications directed to
- Resolves problems in relationships between clients and the I/S
Division. Focuses on customer satisfaction and keeping customers
informed of impacts to their business.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with other I/S
- Provides an environment conducive to teaming within a matrix
Application Technology (15%)
- Oversees the delivery of accurate and reliable technology
solutions to meet business needs.
- Oversees the resolution of second and third-level support
issues. Ensures that application outages and problems are resolved
to client satisfaction.
- Provides expertise regarding supported products, services and
data as required to support the needs of the division and the
- Provides guidance and technical leadership to resources.
Maintains an awareness of other projects and activities and their
possible effect on ongoing department work. Understands
relationships between own unit and corporate wide systems.
- Provides change facilitation to technical solutions or services
by defining the potential impact of a proposed solution on the
client, business and I/S division.
Management/Leadership for Department or Unit (15%)
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve
department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and
- Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus
affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common
vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing
outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance
feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and
establishing performance & development plans.
Client Technology Strategy (10%)
- Assists with the creation of divisional technology visions
(i.e. roadmaps) and/or conducts needs assessment interviews with
VPs and Directors.
- Provides information and analysis regarding areas of
opportunity and improvement within our organization and with our
products and services.
- Monitors technology trends through active participation in
technical associations and review of technical publications.
- Collaborates with other technologists and service providers to
identify markets for current and/or potential solutions and
services to include applications, infrastructure and mass market
offerings and how to best capture those market(s).
- Identifies potential market research opportunities for
technology solution providers. Assists in the development of the
Vendor Product Selection and Management (10%)
- Oversees vendor selection process. This may include external
- Establishes and maintains professional business relationships
with software vendors.
- Produces cost estimates for products and maintains maintenance
- Oversees architecture study components and notice of need
- Delivers presentations on technological advances to I/S
leadership and clients.
- Resolves contractual issues involving technology vendors and
- Assists clients with product evaluation and selection.
Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans,
objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business
environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
- Demonstrated experience defining application
technology/business solution requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with internal
and external partners.
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of processing systems and
- Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life
- Solid knowledge and understanding of technologies, current and
new, that can be used in the delivery of business solutions.
Additional Job Information:
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that
support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will
have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing
benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer
a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual
incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student
loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to
support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent
workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
Keywords: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S., Jacksonville , Data and Cloud Migration Manager (Commercial Lines), Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!