Director Auto Pricing - FCAS (Remote)
Company: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S.
Posted on: September 13, 2021
At American Family Insurance, we believe people are an
organization’s most valuable asset, and their ideas and experiences
matter. From our CEO to our agency force, we’re committed to
growing a diverse and inclusive culture that empowers innovation
that will inspire, protect, and restore our customers’ dreams in
ways never imagined.
American Family Insurance is driven by our customers and
employees. That’s why we provide more than just a job – we provide
opportunity. Whether you’re already part of our team in search of a
new challenge or new to our company and ready for what’s next,
you’re in the right place. Every dream is a journey that starts
with a single step. Start your journey right here. Join our team.
Bring your dreams.
R23095 Director Auto Pricing - FCAS (Remote) (Open)
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your
geographic work location.
Compensation Minimum:$159,900Compensation Maximum:$280,000
The Auto Pricing Director provides oversight for the development of
rates and rate structures for a line of business - Auto. Provides
input and support into the national pricing and product strategy
for the business. Partners with other business areas on new product
and model development as well as implementation of rates meeting
state filing regulatory and actuarial standards. Maintains industry
best practices on leading edge actuarial modeling and ratemaking
techniques. Leads multiple units responsible for development of
rate structures, actuarial modeling, and ratemaking. Prior Auto
ratemaking experience is highly preferred.
Compensation may vary based on the job level and your geographic
Management/Leadership for Department or Unit (40%)
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve
department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and
- Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus
affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common
vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing
outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance
feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and
establishing performance & development plans.
Pricing Oversight & Expertise (35%)
- Responsible for building and maintaining industry best
practices on leading edge actuarial modeling techniques and
- Responsible for researching and developing actuarial
methodologies that will create a competitive advantage in matching
price to risk.
- Provides pricing expertise and recommended strategies to the PL
Product Strategy area to support the national product
- Exhibits actuarial professionalism. Provides consulting
services to other business units.
- Oversees responsibility for the actuarial assumptions used in
the analyses within the Pricing department.
- Controls the completion of rate level and rate change
- Oversees responsibility for the standards used to prepare rate
filings for the respective state insurance department.
- Controls the department's performance of other ad hoc pricing
analyses, as requested, within or outside the division.
- Collaborates with other Personal Lines departments and business
partners to provide pricing expertise for the development of new
products, analyses, or techniques that will enhance the rate change
Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans,
objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business
environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key
- This position requires travel up to 10% of the time.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Fellow of the Casualty Actuarial Society (FCAS).
- Member of the American Academy of Actuaries (MAAA).
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions,
support or service
- Demonstrated experience analyzing economic and social trends
having a bearing on financial results.
- Demonstrated experience communicating complex data to multiple
- Demonstrated experience in public speaking and use of
appropriate presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership or management experience in area(s) of
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of statistical/actuarial
analysis and modeling.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of property and casualty
products, pricing, rates, insurance accounting standards, industry
trends, and how multi-disciplinary activities interact and affect
overall financial results.
Additional Job Information:
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the
results of applicable background checks
Offer to selected candidate is contingent on signing a
non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade
secrets, and inventions
Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment
sponsorship (visa) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not
be considered for this position
When you work at American Family you can expect benefits that
support your physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. You will
have access to comprehensive medical, dental, vision and wellbeing
benefits that enable you to take care of your health. We also offer
a competitive 401(k) contribution, a pension plan, an annual
incentive, and a paid-time off program. In addition, our student
loan repayment program and paid-family leave are available to
support our employees and their families. Interns and contingent
workers are not eligible for American Family Enterprise
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,
consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Stay connected: Join Our Enterprise Talent Community!
Keywords: AFMIC American Family Mutual Insurance Company, S., Jacksonville , Director Auto Pricing - FCAS (Remote), Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!