Assistant Director of Nursing - Senior Care Center - Brunswick
Company: Southeast Georgia Health System
Location: Jekyll Island
Posted on: September 15, 2021
Position Type: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Monday - Friday; Weekends As Needed
Department: Resident Care
Sub: Administration PCS 6010
Interested in working for the Golden Isles' healthcare provider
and employer of choice?
Throughout the many locations that make up the Southeast Georgia
Health System network, there is a common thread that pulls
everything together: A team of committed professionals like you.
These individuals appreciate the value of every person who walks
through our doors, and are the key to our culture of Service
As Assistant Director of Nursing in Resident Care, you will provide
direct patient care on a patient unit to adult and geriatric
patient populations as well as having clinical accountability for
patient care. You will develop and maintain positive relationships
with our patients, guests, other team members, and medical staff by
striving for excellence in service and quality. For our team
members, this is more than a career - it's a calling.
You will be responsible for:
• Accountable for the provision of patient care on assigned
unit 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
•Maintains clinical proficiency and serves as a clinical
resource/expert for other staff members and facilitates effective
clinical problem solving skills collaboratively with health care
• Performs daily tasks of the unit, as delegated, including
appropriate staffing and scheduling, daily communications,
materials management, and patient/bed control.
• Assists with the implementation of unit plans and programs as
well as staff education.
•Assists with clinical leadership development and performance
advancement of unit staff.
• Performs duties in a nursing capacity as needed.
What you will need:
- Graduate of a Diploma, or Associate Degree Program; BSN
- 3 years RN experience; Supervisory experience preferred.
- Current RN License to practice in the State of Georgia.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication
skills. National certification as clinically appropriate preferred.
Demonstrates discretion and sound judgment. Exhibits positive
interpersonal skills: 75-85% of time is spent interacting with
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification is
Why choose Southeast Georgia Health System?
• We are mission-focused to provide safe, quality, accessible, and
cost-effective care to meet the health needs of the people and
communities it serves
• Our workplace is as pleasant and rewarding as the setting we
enjoy outside of work -- imagine stepping out of your workspace and
into a world of scenic beauty, outdoor recreational activities,
mild winters, natural beaches, fine dining, and a full array of
cultural and colonial historic attractions
• The chance to work within a culture that is collegial yet
professional, has exceptional career-advancement potential, and
work/life balance that is practically unparalleled
• Our facility will allow you to use, sharpen, and add to your
skills without having to commute to a large city environment
• We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits
package which includes generous Paid Time Off, tuition
reimbursement, and wellness programs (including free 24/7 access to
an onsite gym). Sign-on and relocation bonuses are available for
• The ability to be a part of the prestigious Coastal Community
Health, a regional affiliation between Baptist Health, Flagler
Hospital and Southeast Georgia Health System. This collaboration
forms a highly-integrated hospital network focused on significant
initiatives designed to enhance the quality and value of care
provided to our contiguous communities
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our
team today to make a positive impact in the lives of our patients
Keywords: Southeast Georgia Health System, Jacksonville , Assistant Director of Nursing - Senior Care Center - Brunswick, Other , Jekyll Island, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!