Senior Credit Analyst (Jacksonville, Orlando)
Company: First Horizon Bank
Posted on: October 11, 2021
IBERIABANK & FIRST HORIZON
BANK. Proven. Focused. Better Together. A Merger of
At First Horizon, a Credit Analyst is essential to Commercial
Banking as a key member working alongside Relationship Managers and
Portfolio Managers. The Credit Analyst is responsible for
underwriting various credit requests for commercial borrowers and
working collaboratively with the assigned portfolio manager(s) and
relationship manager(s) during the entire commercial loan process.
The Credit Analyst is an excellent first position in banking that
can pave the way to numerous other positions within First Horizon
including sales, credit, relationship management or other similar
This position can sit in Orlando or Jacksonville (within the I-4
A Day in the Life of a Credit Analyst:
- Work with the Portfolio Manager in the servicing and monitoring
of existing portfolio, including but not limited to the following
tasks: Manage receipt and calculation of financial and reporting
- Reviews both company and personal annual financial statements
for risk trends and potential changes to the risk profile. Spreads
financials and projections for both company and personal borrowers
- Ensure the systems of record are accurate for the loans being
administered. Ensure management information is reported timely and
accurately. Ensures that regular annual reviews are performed.
- Provide support with commercial loan origination and ongoing
loan portfolio management.
Accurately and timely evaluate borrower credit risk and be able
to articulate conclusions to the Deal Team and Management.
Writes the credit analysis memo based on established policies,
guidelines, and procedures for existing and new to Bank
Initially grades loans, monitors stale grades report and
performs new grading as warranted.
Provides feedback on strengths and weaknesses in prospect and
borrower credit profiles, incorporating into underwriting documents
such as credit memos and annual reviews.
Works closely with the Portfolio Manager(s) and Relationship
Manager(s) on their assigned team(s), proactively asking questions,
requesting feedback, and ensuring work is completed with respect to
the team’s priorities.
Participates in special projects and assignments. Performs other
duties as assigned.
Education and/or Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in finance, banking, business management, or
related field of study.
- 2+ years’ experience in Commercial Credit Underwriting with a
commercial bank required. 5+ years’ experience in Commercial Credit
Underwriting with a Commercial Bank required for a senior level
- Prior experience in credit underwriting methodology and
- Strong understanding of general bank operations and the lending
- Strong computer skills required with the following programs:
Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Proficiency in spreading software. Financial statement
cash flow analysis including tax return and global cash flow.
- Ability to read and listen, understand and communicate
information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both
orally and in writing with business unit management and staff.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and
legal documents; performs simple to moderately complex
calculations; effectively researches, analyzes, evaluates, and
articulates conclusions to make decisions, solve problems and
Keywords: First Horizon Bank, Jacksonville , Senior Credit Analyst (Jacksonville, Orlando), Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!