Heavy Haul Transport Operator
Company: Southern Wrecker & Recovery LLC
Posted on: November 19, 2021
Summary: Heavy Haul Transport Drivers with a Class A will operate a
multi-axle piece of equipment in our heavy haul trucking division.
A driver in this classification utilizes their assigned truck and
trailer to facilitate transportation of heavy equipment within a
time sensitive duration. As a CDL A holder you will specialize in
heavy and oversize transport.Duties and Responsibilities of a CDL A
Heavy Haul Transport Driver:
- Operate Heavy Haul truck and trailer in a safe and courteous
- Acknowledge and carry out written/oral instructions from
dispatchers and customers.
- Transport heavy loads to customers in a timely manner.
- Ensure delivery of appropriate items in accordance with
- Ensure tractor and trailer are clean and in good working
- Posses mechanical knowledge of assigned equipment.
- Perform daily maintenance checks and reports malfunctions to
- Document and communicate repair requests to mechanics.
- Ensure customer messages/communications are relayed to
- Assist in maintaining a neat and clean workplace.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Complete Bill of Ladings.
- Comply with E-Log rules and regulations.
- Perform alternative tasks as assigned by supervisor.Work
Environment:While performing the duties of the Heavy Haul Transport
job, the driver is frequently exposed to outdoor weather
conditions. The driver is occasionally exposed to work near moving
mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places; toxic or caustic
chemicals; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level
in the work environment is usually moderate. Physical Demands:The
physical demands must be met by a driver to successfully perform
the essential functions of the heavy haul transport job. The driver
must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. While performing
the duties of this job, the heavy haul transport driver is
frequently required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms;
climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Thank you for
your interest in Southern Wrecker & Recovery. Southern Wrecker &
Recovery has been in the Wrecker Recovery and Transport business
for over 20 years. We look forward to Class A drivers with Heavy
Haul Transport experience joining our team! Our Heavy Haul
Transport Operators average a yearly salary between $65,000 to
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must have a clean criminal background
- Must have a clean driving recordEducation/Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Two years minimum driving experience of lowboy trailers, RGN's,
double dropped and/or sliding axle trailers.
- Experience in loading and securement of heavy construction
machinery and vehicles, such as excavators, bulldozers, and
- Basic knowledge of industrial equipment.Certificates and
- Valid Driver's License
- Class A CDL Florida Driver's License
- Current DOT Physical
- TWIC Recommended but not required
Keywords: Southern Wrecker & Recovery LLC, Jacksonville , Heavy Haul Transport Operator, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!