Company: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company)
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Facility:--D. RAY JAMES ICE PROCESSING CENTERCompensation
Base:--Compensation Bonus (if applicable):--Equal Opportunity
Employer.SummaryResponsible for the planning, organization,
implementation, coordination, and evaluation of internal and
external training programs for staff designed to achieve specific
contract and organizational learning objectives through classroom,
practical application, and supervised on-the-job training program.
Some curriculum development may be required to meet the needs of
the client.Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies facility training needs and develops an annual
training plan. Designs, develops, and/or acquires training programs
to be implemented within the facility which complies with specific
contract and/or organizational training programs and have proven
- Supports immediate and long range facility and organizational
goals and objectives by investigating and evaluating existing
training programs and developing or acquiring new programs and
ensuring their successful implementation. Recommends new training
programs and provides quantitative support for them.
- Investigates available training methods and procedures to
determine the most effective manner in which to conduct
- Works directly with management in the development of new
employee orientation, pre-service, on-the job, in-service
specialized, contractor and volunteer training. Must have the
ability and skills to design and develop curriculums and lesson
plans. Seeks to update and improve training materials and
- Administers programs by coordinating and instructing (or
obtaining the instruction) for all training courses for
correctional and non-correctional personnel to include contractors
and volunteers. Constantly interacts with employees in the direct
application of training materials. Required to be current with all
policies, regulations, updates and alterations that require
incorporation into training courses.
- Provides or facilitates unit orientation classes for
volunteers, contractors or other personnel who are not employees of
- Manages the work flow and identifies and trains
part-time/resource trainers to provide supplemental or support
- Documents employee training hours, reviews training records of
security and non-security staff inclusive of contractors,
volunteers, administrative staff, support staff and specialist
employees. Verifies that all certifications are current. Advises
employees of re-certification
- deadlines, working with employees to ensure certification
remains current to client agency requirements.
- May maintain, or oversee the maintenance of, training records
and monitors the progress and performance of those involved in the
training programs. Ensures that all employees, volunteers and
contractors attend training sessions based on contractual and/or
- May manage the work of other employees. This may include
selection, hiring, evaluating job performance, employee
training/development, promoting and any disciplinary action,
- May supervise and evaluate the performance of trainees, part
time/resource trainers and Field Training Officers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.--Job Requirements:Minimum
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
Bachelor---s degree in training, organizational development,
communication or related field highly desired.
- Five (5) years progressive work experience in the field of
corrections or law enforcement required including a minimum of one
(1) year of correctional facility experience to provide effective
training implementation and administration. Five (5) years of
comparable professional training experience can be substituted for
corrections or law enforcement requirement.
- Certification as training instructor from a national or state
recognized organization such as the National Institute of
Corrections within 180 days of appointment to the position.
- Must meet or exceed all standards and qualifications required
by contracting agency for Training Officers.
- Ability to act in a supervisory capacity and maintain close
contact with all aspects of the training program and personnel.
Must be able to motivate employees to strive for professionalism in
the work place.
- Must possess above average written and verbal communication
skills. Must be able to develop written training lesson plans and
proposals and verbally present them to diverse audience.
- Must be able to use computer and the software application
packages used by the facility.
Keywords: GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company), Jacksonville , TRAINING ADMINISTRATOR, Other , Folkston, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!