Posted on: January 15, 2022
Join Our Family, Build Your Career!
SanMar Corporation has been family-owned since 1971. Based in
Issaquah, WA, we are an award-winning, national supplier of 21
retail, private label and mill brands. We supply apparel and
accessories to screen printers, embroiderers, promotional products
distributors, athletic dealers, industrial launderers and more -
whether they are outfitting a Fortune 500 corporation or the local
bowling team. SanMar's success and growth can be attributed to one
thing - outstanding employees who provide superior services and
products to our customers. We promote a culture that acknowledges
the importance of a healthy work-life balance, recognizing that
happy and relaxed employees make better ambassadors for SanMar. We
encourage initiative and participation by creating a casual
environment that taps your full potential as an employee.
The Distribution Center Supervisor is responsible for all aspects
of his/her departments operations to include, but not limited to:
planning, organizing, and monitoring the receiving, storage, and
shipping functions to ensure a smooth and consistent operation. The
supervisor provides support to employees and, at the discretion of
their manager, other departments as necessary.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains a positive, safe, neat and clean work area by
adhering to SanMar's Family Values and safety regulations.
- Leads daily activities to achieve desired results in
productivity, teamwork, safety, quality, and job knowledge.
- Collaborate across departments to drive optimal productivity;
foster an environment in which diverse backgrounds are respected
- Oversee the shipping and receiving from the distribution center
to ensure that products are processed and delivered in an accurate
and timely manner.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to Group
Lead and employees. This includes coaching, counseling, career
development, and corrective actions.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals and provide continued
feedback on overall performance. Ensure timely completion and
administration of associate annual performance appraisals.
- Interview and hire new employees.
- Ensure accurate and timely management of associate
time-in-attendance via company payroll system.
- Analyze business and performance trends and metrics to develop
solutions, programs, and policies.
- Continue personal growth and development by using tools,
resources, and relationships with other leaders.
- Actively engage in managing employee needs. Lead with
professionalism, respect and consideration of others in accordance
with SanMar Family Values.
- Manages difficult employee situations in a professional manner
in collaboration with management and human resources partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to quickly adapt to
change in the work environment.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to
- Takes personal responsibility for own actions, keeping
commitments, and asking for and offering help when needed.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be self-directed and self-motivated with the strong ability to
- Take initiative to identify and anticipate department needs and
make recommendations for implementation.
- Must have exemplary performance in regards to attendance,
accuracy, and productivity.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 3+ years of supervisory or lead experience with direct
- Experience working in a distribution center
- Experience delegating work
- Experience in leading staff to meet daily standards
- Ability to work well and effectively under pressure
- Bachelor's degree preferred, but not required.
- Should be able to read, write, and have sufficient ability to
identify colors, sizes, quantity, label and SKU information and
verbally communicate with customers.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly
required to walk and stand. The employee frequently lifts and/or
moves up to 60 pounds. The employee may operate powered equipment
requiring use of both hands to drive vehicles as well as full range
of motion of the neck, head and back. The employee is frequently
required to reach with hands and arms, grasp and perform repetitive
hand, wrist and arm motions. The employee is frequently required to
climb, kneel/squat, bend and carry. Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Basic
literacy is required for lift certification and necessary for daily
paperwork. The employee must be comfortable working at heights in
excess of twenty feet off the ground.
Work environment is moderately noisy. The employee is occasionally
required to work near conveyor systems. There is exposure to dust
and changes in weather conditions. Employee must be able to work in
high-demand, high-volume environment and meet customer deadlines.
Employee must be able to change priorities or job duties as needed
and interact with employees at all levels.
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Medical, dental and vision plans
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Flexible spending program
- Anniversary rewards
- Discounts on brand name apparel
- Diverse, laid-back atmosphere
- Flexible schedules
- Monthly employee events
If you are a service oriented person who would enjoy working for a
company that provides a dynamic, family-oriented environment, this
is the perfect opportunity for you! There aren't many other
companies out there like us, so don't miss out, apply today, and
learn what over 3,000 employees have come to know as "The SanMar
SanMar provides opportunities to all qualified applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, protected veteran or disabled
SanMar participates in E-Verify.
Keywords: SanMar, Jacksonville , Supervisor, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!