User Experience Designer II, Machine Learning Platform
Company: TuSimple, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Join TuSimple and help change the way the world moves. Together
we're making freight transportation safer, more efficient, and more
environmentally friendly.This opportunity is located in San Diego,
CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19You can apply to the job with
OverviewCome join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!As a
multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are
at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our
breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.While
inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of
autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed
supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are
some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are
leaving behind a historic legacy.TuSimple was founded half a decade
ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together
to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a
foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial
Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global
commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.Opportunity
OverviewTuSimple is the self-driving technology company with a
mission to bring automation to the trucking industry. The User
Experience Design Team of Software Engineering plays a critical
role in the mission. At TuSimple, the user experience design team
is responsible for the user experience of software platforms that
support the autonomous vehicle and related development work.Example
projects we are working on include:
- A platform that displays critical vehicle information for test
operators and developers
- A platform for developers to regenerate the scenarios our
vehicles met in the real-world
- A Map editing platform for map producers to edit TuSimple HD
- Leverage technical background, user research, and product
evaluation to inform the design of internal tools for a specialized
user base of robotics and simulation engineers.
- Quickly and iteratively create mockups with design
specifications for web user interfaces at various levels of
- Create user-centric visual designs by integrating user needs,
business requirements, and technical constraints.
- Collaborate with Project and Product Managers, Engineers, and
leadership to craft product solutions and requirements.
- Understand and balance the priorities of internal stakeholders,
algorithm engineers, and business needs.
- Ability to work through ambiguity, and adapt your approach to
meet the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Be a champion for user-centered design by testing your concept
in front of users. Be willing to build lightweight mockups, and
independently conduct quick user testing.Experience & Skills
- 3+ years of professional experience creating software products
involving data visualization or internal testing platforms.
- Related experience in software development, either as a
software engineer or data scientist. Ability to understand vehicle
autonomy stack enough to meet detailed needs of a highly technical
- Strong communication skills.
- Familiarity with visual design/prototyping tools such as
Sketch, Figma, Invision, etc.
- Experience conducting user research or user evaluation/testing,
through either professional or academic projects.Preferred
- Professional experience as a software engineer or data
- Previous experience as a product manager or technical
- Knowledge or experience with vehicle autonomy stack for
- Master's degree in HCI, computer science, or robotics.TuSimple
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you and your
- Work visa sponsorship available
- Relocation assistance available
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner served every day
- Full kitchens on every floor with unlimited snacks, drinks,
special treats, fruits, meals, and more
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Monthly team building budget
- Learning/education budget
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short disabilityTuSimple is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in
employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age,
handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited
by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are
performed without regard to the above-listed items.This opportunity
is located in San Diego, CA. Remote friendly during COVID-19You can
apply to the job with this email
Keywords: TuSimple, Inc., Jacksonville , User Experience Designer II, Machine Learning Platform, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!