Baler Shift 2
Company: Mac Papers and Packaging,
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionThe Baler operator has to manage production of 6
bailing machines. Keeping trim paper discharge from all web folding
machines and AMC die cutting machines sorted and location selected
by grade. Die cut waste from the RA folding machines is also sorted
by grade. Maintaining grade throughout all processes is essential
in the bale department. All bales have to be weighed, tagged and
marked with the weight on the tag.This job description is intended
to describe the general nature, complexity and level of work to be
performed by employees assigned to this position, and is not to be
construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and/or
skills required. It does not prescribe or restrict the work that
may be assigned. Furthermore, this does not establish a contract
for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the
company.Responsibilities:The responsibilities of this position will
include but are not limited to:
- Follow all safe work practices and safety rules.
- Report all unsafe conditions and hazards to management.
- Bale all recyclable material by grade.
- Tag bales and stage them for bale truck loading.
- Slit all paper cores.
- Continuous floor sweeping to keep paper off the floor around
balers and after transporting bales to the staging area.
- Collect waste carts from production floor and empty.
- Bring the RA chip bins from the production floor and
- Accurately complete production report.Requirements:
- Understand and follow basic verbal and written
- Effectively communicate information and respond to questions
from various levels within the organization.
- Possess basic mathematical skills: addition, subtraction,
multiplication and division.
- Perform basic visual quality inspections on products.
- Maintain the production pace of other team members.
- Utilize power tools and various equipment as needed to perform
- May be required to become certified in operation of forklift.
- High school degree or equivalent is preferred but not
required.Working Conditions & Physical Requirements:The physical
and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Regularly required to walk and stand continuously for long
periods of time.
- Talk or hear, both in person and by telephone.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements include close vision, distance
vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to push/pull a pallet jack with loads up to
- Regularly required to use written and oral communication
- Will interact regularly with managers and staff.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.Work
- Work in a noisy area using hearing protection
- Employee works primarily in a manufacturing/warehouse
environment.Mac Papers Envelope Converters is an equal opportunity
employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race,
gender, disability or protected veteran status. EOE
Keywords: Mac Papers and Packaging,, Jacksonville , Baler Shift 2, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!