Company: Nemours Foundation
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Essential Functions: The primary responsibility of the
Radiographer is to produce diagnostic images of the highest quality
within departmental and professional guidelines. The Radiographer
demonstrate service-oriented approach when dealing with patients,
visitors, and staff.
This position will float between all 3 Jacksonville Radiology
sites; downtown, Fleming and Jax. Must have BLS from AHA, Florida
State Licensure in Radiologic Technology and Registered with the
* 1.Perform diagnostic imaging examinations with the use of imaging
equipment to help doctors treat diseases and injuries, while
following departmental and professional guidelines.
* Effectively communicate with patients and families
* Ability to verbalize descriptions of orthopedic conditions with a
basic understanding of anatomical structures and relationships with
* Coordination of patient and workflow efficiency. Review charts
for current information, ensure that the appropriate studies
accompany the patient to the room, take pertinent history, and
ensure the provider's orders are carried out and completed.
* Produce radiographs of optimum quality.
* Position of all routine examinations according to Nemours
Radiologist protocol and/or Orthopedic Provider protocol.
* Operate radiological equipment according to departmental
* Radiographic Equipment
* PCR Units for CR processing
* Correctly identify radiographs with patient information and
anatomical markers and complete images in FUJI.
* Ensure preventive maintenance completed on equipment on
quarterly/weekly basis according to vendor.
* Provide assistance with PowerShare images and outside CD
* If needed and available, assist with application or removal of
cast with Orthopedic department.
* Assist Clinical Assistant with workflow of patient(s):
* Obtain vital signs.
* Capturing and entering patient information into EMR.
* Rooming of patients into exam rooms with preparation for exam and
assisting provider with exam (if applicable).
* Prepare, clean and stock exam rooms for clinic.
* Demonstrates service-oriented approach when interacting with
patients, visitors and staff.
* Participates in professional in-services, departmental and
clinical staff huddles/meetings.
* Demonstrates universal precautions and proper handling of
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Must be licensed Radiologic Technologist in the State of
* Must be licensed with the American Registry of Radiologic
* Pediatric experience is desired
Licenses, Registrations or Certifications:
American Registry of Radiologic Technology Licensed
State of Florida License for Radiologic Technologist
Keywords: Nemours Foundation, Jacksonville , Radiographer I, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!