Company: Carlisle Interconnect Technologies
Location: Saint Augustine
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Headquartered in St. Augustine, FL, with offices and
manufacturing facilities all around the globe, Carlisle
Interconnect Technologies (CarlisleIT) is one of the world's
leading designers and manufacturers of high-performance wire,
cable, and medical devices. We provide complete interconnect
solutions to industries like Aerospace, Military & Defense
Electronics, Space, Medical, Test & Measurement, and
Our talented team of employees worldwide helps bring movies to your
seat on airplanes, deliver mission-critical information from drones
to the command office, transfer heart rhythm to paper, route
communications from space, connect power to downhill oil drills,
and get planes back in the air faster.
The Instructional Designer is responsible for using computer
software and other technologies to streamline education courses for
employees. Their duties include consulting with subject experts to
determine the efficiency of their course designs, transferring
courses into online formats and creating course manuals for the
Company to use.
The responsibility of the Instructional Designer is to analyze and
fix disconnections between learning performance and available
tools. As the Company integrates more and more technology and
social media tools, they help to make the transition to more
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitate structured training in either a classroom setting or
on the manufacturing floor to audiences ranging in size from one to
one hundred employees.
- Professionally and dynamically present class presentations
following outline, handouts, and texts, and using visual aids, such
as graphs, charts, video, and slides. Such training would be
focused on but not limited to
- Wire and cable manufacturing fundamentals
- The safety, operation, troubleshooting and general maintenance
of manufacturing plant machinery and equipment, following
appropriate plant manufacturing and safety procedures
- Assist in the development of training programs focused on the
topics listed above. This will include but is not limited to the
design and preparation of
- Course materials
- Demonstration models
- Multimedia visual aids
- Computer tutorials
- Assessments and skill evaluations
- Appropriate instructional methods such as individual training,
group instruction, demonstrations or workshops
- Demonstrate procedures being taught, such as the operation,
troubleshooting and general maintenance of machinery and equipment,
applying knowledge of wire and cable manufacturing, mechanics and
computer systems operation, using hand tools and measuring
instruments and following the course outline.
- Observe trainees participating in skill assessments and answer
- Administer written and practical exams to measure progress and
write performancereports to evaluate trainees'
- Coordinate training schedule with the hiring and training
demands of the manufacturing plant.
- Schedule classes based on trainee, classroom and equipment
- Participate in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to
obtain information useful to the training facility and integrate
information into the training program.
- Confer with the Training Manager to gain knowledge of work
situations requiring training and to better understand changes in
policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and
- Assist employees with problems concerning "how to" perform
specific tasks related to their position.
- Make suggestions on improving work procedures in the
- Maintain employee training records.
- Develop strong relationship with the Plant Manager and all
Manufacturing Plant departments to develop course materials and
- Other instruction, presentation, and administrative duties as
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
- Other duties as required in support of the department and
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and
reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities,
and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable
laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment.
We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving
our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This
will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management
System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing
environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect
Less than 10% travel may be required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
QUALIFICATIONS - EDUCATION, LICENSING, CERTIFICATION, AND
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Active SCT program participant.
- Experience in wire and cable manufacturing and in the
operation, troubleshooting and general maintenance of wire and
cable manufacturing plant products and equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Fluent in
written and spoken English.
- Excellent large group and face-to-face interaction skills to
include hands-on training with the employee at the
- Ability to effectively address and diffuse conflict situations
in a class setting.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, particularly Word,
PowerPoint and Excel. Proficient in use of the Internet.
- Continual attention to detail and follow-through.
- Comfortable communication with all levels of management and
employees. Ability to work closely and productively with a
wide-variety of personalities and professional
- Emphasizes the following of appropriate safety
- Be flexible and team-oriented. Ability to function
independently in a multi-task environment, as well as part of a
- Must be able to work independently. Requires ability to manage
multiple competing tasks of differing priorities in a fast-paced,
changeable business environment.
- Ability to solve complex problems and carry out
responsibilities under little or no supervision.
- Manufacturing plant environment includes varying temperatures
(heat and cold) and dust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Requires the ability to work first, second or third shift,
including periodic Saturday or Sunday shifts, in order to support
manufacturing plant operators in need of training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or
feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to
reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to stand and
walk. The employee must occasionally lift walk. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and
ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Carlisle Interconnect Technologies, Jacksonville , Instructional Designer, Other , Saint Augustine, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!