Company: D.R. HORTON, INC.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder in the U.S., was
founded in 1978 and is a publicly traded company on the New York
Stock Exchange. It is engaged in the construction and sale of high
quality homes designed principally for the entry-level and first
time move-up markets. The Company also provides mortgage financing
and title services for homebuyers through its mortgage and title
subsidiaries. Please visit our website at for more information.D.R.
Horton, Inc. is currently looking for an Escrow Assistant for their
Financial Services Escrow Branch. The right candidate will be
responsible for the timely preparation of all escrow files and
ordering all information necessary for the closing of escrow
transactions. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to perform all tasks of the Escrow Receptionist
- Prepare and send opening letters and "thank you"
acknowledgements to all parties
- Order title commitments and distribute to all parties
- Order and update payoff/assumption statements as requested
- Prepare receipts for all funds received from Customers and/or
- Order wire transfers and provide wiring instruction
- Clear title requirements
- Prepare loan packages for return to lender
- Prepare simple cash and seller carryback pre-audits
- Assist branch manager with administrative tasks as
- Open refinance orders
- Receive builder report, order survey, contact the lender,
obtain hazard insurance, enter basic order information on automated
system, obtain HOA information, schedule and coordinate times for
- Prepare copies for disbursement and closing transmittals
- Assist Closer/Escrow Officer with final policy disbursement, as
- Monitor termite inspection requests and other required
- On a limited basis, answer Customers questions and/or telephone
calls concerning the administrative process of the parties
transactions; and answer real estate agents questions and/or
telephone calls concerning the status of their pending files
- Cancel files according to office procedure
- In addition to the above duties, the escrow assistant may have
post closing job responsibilities:
- Assist with pre-closing files: Assure that all information is
accurate and matches the original Purchase Contract, e.g. zip
codes, property address, spelling of names, marital status of
buyers, reading Surveys for encroachments, if any, etc.
- Prepare and ship closing packages: Assure that each package is
complete and properly signed by all parties.
- Prepare documents for recording in different Counties: Assure
that documents sent for recording fulfill not only the Recording
Regulations, but also the Lenders'.
- Prepare both Loan and Owners' Policies and mail them out
- Prepare endorsements to Policy, when applicable.
- Responsible for whereabouts of closing files
- Assist Branch Manager with administrative tasks.
- Keep checkbook for Fee account and maintain control of the
mailing stamps machine.
- Customer Service - Take calls from lenders, buyers, attorneys,
realtors, insurance companies and others are handled on a daily
basis. Job Requirements:Education and/or Experience Associate's
degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical
school; or six months to one year related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Come join a winning team with a Fortune 500 company! We are growing
fast and are looking for enthusiastic attitudes and team players to
join our success. We offer an excellent benefits package including
vision, medical and dental. Build YOUR future with D.R. Horton,
America's Builder. Come follow our newest Open Jobs on Twitter and
like us on Facebook!
Keywords: D.R. HORTON, INC., Jacksonville , Escrow Assistant, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!