Experience Maker - Wellness - Barco Newton YMCA
Company: YMCA of Florida's First Coast
Location: Orange Park
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Join us. We could use someone like you!
Can you imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day
positively affects the lives of the people in your community?
Working at the Y, you'll discover more than a job-you'll enjoy a
career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting
difference in the lives of those around you.
If you are a person who wants more than just a job, who wants your
efforts to have an impact on your community and who wants to work
in a welcoming and positive environment, then you are someone we'd
like to work with us. Join us!
Works directly with member services staff and other Healthy Living
staff to engage and retain members, specifically health
* Improves the health and well-being of the community the YMCA
* Works to ensure member safety and enjoyment.
* Engages members using Engage More Technology. Encourages member
* Contributes to the Daxko Engagement % for the branch.
* Providing hands-on wellness services including orientations,
fitness assessments, personal training, post-rehabilitation and
* Meets established goal for Fast Forward Fitness Appointments.
* Contributes to the branch member retention rate.
* Develops small-group interaction through planned and spontaneous
* Uses the YMCA's 15 Service Basics, 3 Touch Model and Standardized
* Leads and develops member programs such as fitness
* Meets revenue goal if a personal trainer.
* Acts professionally. Maintains accurate weekly time and
attendance records. Adheres to dress code, attendance, and
* Ensures the cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
* Articulates the Y's mission in order to provide assistance to all
and participates in the annual campaign.
* Completes annual trainings in a timely manner (Redwoods, CPR,
First Aid, etc.)
NOTE: This job description reflects management's assignment of
essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks
that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values.
Community: Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver
high-value experience for members.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge
and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and
demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
Professional knowledge of systems and processes.
* Experience designing and implementing wellness programs for
individuals or groups required.
* Personal Training certification preferred from approved YMCA
list; required within 90 days of employment.
* Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED
* Nationally recognized accredited personal training certification
from approved YMCA list upon hire.
* YMCA Healthy Lifestyle Principals certification within 60 days of
hire (available through Leadership University).
* Wellness 101 within 60 days of hire (available through Leadership
* Daxko training within 60 days (available through Leadership
* Eyesight (with or without correction).
* Hearing (with or without correction).
* Communicate both orally and in writing.
* Lift up to 50 lbs.
Keywords: YMCA of Florida's First Coast, Jacksonville , Experience Maker - Wellness - Barco Newton YMCA, Other , Orange Park, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!