Daily $16 per hour Substitute Teachers
Company: Charter Schools USA
Posted on: November 25, 2022
*Schedule: * Work the days you want or request to work all five
days of the week. One site, where kids know who you are and respect
your position. Successful substitutes (with bachelor's degree) may
be offered long term sub positions for maternity leave, etc. at
$46,000 with benefits. Get your foot in the door by being a daily
sub first. Set your schedule (example: I want to only work MWF, or
I want to work M-Thursday) We need mostly whole day subs 7:30-3:30.
Join our team!
Work in partnership with parents, students, and regular education
teachers in accordance with the school's mission and vision in
order to promote student achievement. The following
responsibilities and duties are the means to achieve that end while
maintaining compliance with Federal and State Regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Prepares for and conducts Parent and student conferencing
according to school policy.
* Delivers student instruction in modalities instituted by the
school and assigned program (may include but are not limited to:
Individual or Group Direct Synchronous Instruction, Learning
Support, Life Skills Support, Itinerant Support, Resource Room
Support, co-teaching, writing lesson plans, telephone conferencing
and instruction, Parent Learning Opportunities).
* Collects data and appropriate work samples.
* Plans and conducts appointments with parents as needed.
* Assists regular education teachers with specially designed
instruction when necessary.
* Participates at monthly outings encouraged.
* Provides support for ESE student achievement in the general class
through training teachers and assisting with the implementation of
school inclusion plans.
* Arranges for and assists with training for inclusionary
* Acts as an informational liaison for inclusion as
* Assists with planning for classroom and testing accommodations
for students with disabilities.
* Models strategies for inclusionary practices as appropriate.
* Provides assistance with developing and adapting curriculum
materials and educational practices to meet the needs of students
Monitoring and Compliance
* Collaborates with regular education teachers to monitor student
progress and compliance (including student compliance issues,
* Proctors standardized tests.
* Completes student progress reports four times a year
Special Education Responsibilities
* Maintains IEPs, Quarterly Reports, Progress Monitoring for
* Develops and Implements IEPs with measurable goals using Progress
* Collects and Reports Progress Monitoring Data for all student
* Conduct IEP meetings within timelines.
* Makes data-driven instructional decisions to improve student
* Completes Quarterly Progress Reports.
* Maintains accurate and compliant special education data (class
lists with contact info, related services info, IEP due dates,
* Completes reevaluations in accordance with Regulations and best
* Completes all special education paperwork accurately, according
to regulations, and on time.
* Develops and monitors appropriate transition plans for students
of transition age.
* Maintains communication with Related Service Providers and Case
Managers to ensure compliance with the provision of services,
evaluations, and quarterly progress reports.
* Administers diagnostic assessments as needed.
* Obtains and maintains compliant special education student
* Participates in State specific training.
* Attends Professional Development as designated on the school
calendar (travel may be required).
* Communicates with Regular Education Teachers and Administrators
* Participates in weekly team meetings.
* Acknowledge e-mails and voice mails within 24 hours (excluding
weekends, holidays, etc.).
\*\*MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED\*\*
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the position and
the mission of the company; support the company's values in the
strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance,
superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in
the Employee Handbook.
* Possesses strong time management & organizational skills and the
ability to prioritize effectively.
* Has the ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with teachers, students, parents, the community, and
administrative staff. Is sensitive to sensitive to corporate needs,
employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations
* Possesses excellent interpersonal skills and displays such
between all stakeholders: being courteous, professional, and
* Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including
presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening),
Negotiating and Influencing.
* Has the ability to be at work consistently, to be on time, to
follow instructions, to respond to management direction and to
solicit feedback to improve performance.
* Demonstrates proficient experience with Microsoft Office (Word,
Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email
* Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates
accuracy and thoroughness.
* Strives to implement best practices and positive character
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
* No physical exertion required.
* Somewhat stressful due to frequent student activity.
* Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move
While performing the responsibilities of this position, the work
environment characteristics listed below are representative of the
environment the employee will encounter:
* Usual school working conditions.
* May be noisy during high student traffic.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary
and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment
shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
* This document does not create an employment contract, implied or
otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor
Standards Act (FLSA).
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole
right and discretion to make changes to this position description.
Any employee making changes unauthorized by the Human Resources
Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and
* Bachelor's degree (BA) from an accredited college or university
* State Certified in Special Education as well as Highly Qualified
(HQ) status in the subject areas and grades assigned.
* Certified in at least two areas of Exceptional Education,
* Successful results of criminal and employment background
* Command of grades/subject-specific content and theoretical
knowledge of learning theory, including motivation, reinforcement,
evaluation and feedback techniques.
* Minimum of three (3) years of successful teaching experience.
* Effective instructional delivery techniques and excellent
* Adherence to the requirements of the Code of Ethics for the
* Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find
appropriate and acceptable.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $16.00 - $16.01 per hour
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Jacksonville, FL 32256: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Childcare: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Charter Schools USA, Jacksonville , Daily $16 per hour Substitute Teachers, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!