Laundry Worker-3:30p-12:30a- Must Be Flexible - COVID Vaccine Required
Company: Sodexo Frontline
Posted on: March 17, 2023
Location: US-FL-JACKSONVILLESystem ID: 929997Category:
LaundriesEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit Name: MAYO FOUNDATION
JACKSONVILLEUnit Contact: Melodie Hicks-Tripp or Walter Sanderlin
904-956-3199 or 904-956-3198Target Hourly Rate: $15.90UNIT
DESCRIPTIONSodexo at Mayo ClinicCOVID Vaccine Required#CB, # IN,
#PM, #HSPosition SummaryThe Laundry Worker is responsible for the
washing, drying, folding, sorting, pressing and mending of clothes
and linens. The general responsibilities of the position include
those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities
of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts,
depending on business necessities and client requirements.General
- Sorts laundry items by label and loads laundry machines with
bedding, surgical gowns, linens, etc.
- Adds detergent and other cleaning agents to the washer and
adds, when necessary, germicidal/disinfectant solutions.
- Adjusts water temperature and starts the washer.
- Wrings out clean wet articles and places them in dryers for the
measured time cycle.
- Sorts and folds clean items into the appropriate storage
- Counts articles to verify laundry lists.
- Documents unusable textile items, with reports generated for
the worker's immediate Supervisor.
- Utilizes weighing systems.
- Soaks contaminated articles, and mixes and applies detergents,
dyes and bleaches according to formulas.
- May operate equipment including, but not limited to: washers,
dryers, irons, steamers, folders, and sewing machines.
- Performs equipment maintenance as assigned by immediate
Supervisor, such as cleaning of filters and lint traps.
- May mend torn articles.
- May transport and distribute soiled/clean linens and
- May perform cleaning operations in the laundry areas, such as
the sweeping and mopping of floors, wiping down of machinery, high
and low dusting, vacuuming and other general cleaning duties as
- May assist in training, assigning and checking the work of
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Reports any equipment maintenance needs or malfunctions
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety
requirements to all assigned work.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance
policy and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 2 years of related work experience.Skills/Aptitude:
- Must be able to coordinate the routine responsibilities of
staff and resources.
- Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to
others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all
coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers
and client representatives.
- Ability to operate Laundry related equipment including but not
limited to Washers, Dryers, Ironing equipment, and Folders.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to
- Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication
- Adapts procedures, processes, tools equipment and techniques to
accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements
related to all assigned work.License/Qualifications
- May require a valid driver's license
- Blood Borne Pathogen TrainingPhysical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and
extended hours as business dictates.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
- Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment
required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employerBenefits EligibilityFull Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed
to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental
and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their
benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with
Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial
and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). PI207173836
Keywords: Sodexo Frontline, Jacksonville , Laundry Worker-3:30p-12:30a- Must Be Flexible - COVID Vaccine Required, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...