Testing & Documentation Specialist
Posted on: March 19, 2023
SportsMEDIA Technology - (SMT) is the pioneer in sports technology, having re-imagined the fan experience 30 years ago. Since then, we've revolutionized how sports fans watch their favorite events, whether in the stands, livestreaming or on television. Through innovative real-time and wireless data and display systems, SMT's impact is evident in every major international sport on the world's stage, from football and soccer to tennis and golf. Along the way, SMT has grown to become the premier technology provider for pinnacle world-renowned events, including the tennis Grand Slams, golf majors, the Olympics, NHL, NBA, the New York City Marathon and CrossFit Games. SMT designed and developed the official scoring, statistics, and onsite live presentation systems for the NBA, the NHL, the PGA TOUR, NASCAR, the CrossFit Games, all four golf majors, and the four tennis slams.
SMT services hundreds of major U.S and international sports events, as well as major sports broadcasters, teams and organizing bodies, resulting in a sports technology powerhouse unequaled in the industry. SMT continues to blaze the trail in sports technology with innovative biometrics and player and object tracking, mobile apps, analytics, video production services, wireless information systems, and on-site services. SMT's products have become a regular part of the viewing experience for fans and an invaluable asset for clients. SMT's growth has led to the creation of several divisions, with divisions in Durham, NC, Fremont, CA, Jacksonville, FL, and Toronto, Canada.
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for working with developers and project managers to conduct, document, and report results of tests for assigned systems. In addition, this position is responsible for creating and updating system documentation for assigned projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Scheduling and conducting tests
* Resolve conflicts to meet test objectives
* Record any constraints on testing
* Provide full documentation of test plan deviations
* Capture all data required to support test findings
* Produce clear and objective reports of test result data, including how results reflect the system's conformance to the set requirements
* Suggest refinements to system requirements
* Assess the test process, including making recommendation for improvement
* Create and update User Operation Manuals
* Create and update Administration and/or Set Up Manuals
* Suggest refinements to system documentation
* Assist development teams in capturing system requirements and specifications for documentation
* Acts as back up for conducting system builds and other configuration management responsibilities when necessary
* Coordinate creation of test plan documents with developers and project managers
* Attend Kickoff/Post event meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* AA or AS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred
* 1 to 2 years of professional testing experience required
* 1 to 2 years of professional technical documentation experience required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Statistical knowledge required
* Good verbal and written communication skills required
* Basic skills & knowledge with computer systems and software required
* Strong technical documentation skills required
Keywords: Sportvision, Jacksonville , Testing & Documentation Specialist, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
here to apply!