Sr. Solutions Architect
Company: Venus Fashion, Inc.
Posted on: September 16, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Sr. Solutions Architect FULL TIME
TEMP IT Jacksonville, FL, US 30+ days ago Requisition ID: 1940
Senior Solutions Architect -About VENUSVENUS - is a leader in
stylish, on-trend designs in women's clothing, swimwear and
lingerie. Founded in 1982, the Florida-based brand pioneered swim
separates and continues to drive newness in fit, fabric and design
across all categories. Made for every body, the collection is
offered in a full range of sizes from 2-24. VENUS - is committed to
inclusivity, as well as socially- and environmentally-responsible
business practices that positively impact both people and the
planet.About the PositionAs a Sr. Solutions Architect for Venus,
you will have the opportunity to help build large-scale systems
that power a significant portion of Venus' business with a strong
focus on eCommerce systems. This position will require you to
understand a suite of applications within the overall Venus
application landscape.You will be a technical advisor on those
applications and assist in setting the direction for their
continued development and expansion. Along with the rest of the
development and architecture team, you will contribute to the
overall development of the Venus technology suite and the core
underlying architecture. You will collaborate closely with
application development and infrastructure teams to guide the
direction of our technical systems, finding the appropriate balance
between customer value, timeliness, flexibility, maintainability,
scalability, efficiency, affordability, and a variety of other
quality attributes. You will work hands-on with our development
team, guiding and mentoring staff on approaches and techniques to
solve problems and improve their practice of software
development.We are seeking a Sr. Solutions Architect with 8+ years
of experience designing and building large scale eCommerce
applications. Strong software engineering skills are a must. While
we welcome professionals with technical experience in any modern
stack, we primarily develop on the .NET platforms.ESSENTIAL DUTIES
& RESPONSIBILITIES:Include the following. Other duties may be
- Collaborating with software development and infrastructure
teams to guide the direction of our technical systems, both
existing and new.
- Guiding the organization through the process of making
appropriate trade-offs between timeliness, flexibility,
maintainability, scalability, efficiency, affordability, and a
variety of other quality attributes.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with co-workers to
maintain awareness of upcoming and in-progress efforts, and
influence their direction.
- Researching new software technology concepts and tools to make
informed recommendations, utilizing prototypes when
- Designing customer-facing applications leveraging modern web
- Designing supporting services leveraging cloud
- Reviewing and providing feedback on designs from other
architects and engineers.
- Collaborating with Venus software development staff to
establish architectural standards and ensure they are understood
- Mentoring software developers on approaches to solve problems
and improve their practice of software development.
- Identifying and quantifying technical debt and promoting
solutions to eliminate it.
- Periodically presenting architectural subject matter
presentations within Venus.
- Define, configure and analyze application performance
- Act as DevOps engineer. Setup up build servers, source control,
and define and automate software deployment processes.
- Define and communicate hardware requirements to the
infrastructure team for software solutionsQUALIFICATIONS:
- 8+ years of experience focused on software design and/or
- Thorough understanding of a microservices architecture,
including professional experience in the design, build, and
operations of microservices in a production environment
- Public cloud (AWS/Azure) experience is beneficial.
- NoSQL experience is beneficial.
- Experience with content distribution systems like Akamai is
- Strong understanding of database design and implementation
- Strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Experience with agile or iterative development with frequent
releases is a strong advantage.
- Solid understanding of unit testing frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of Application Performance Monitoring &
Management tools.EDUCATION:Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years of
experience focused on software design and/or architecture, or
equivalent combination of education and experience.We are deeply
committed to attracting talented team members in the US from all
backgrounds regardless of race, age, gender, ethnicity, religion,
sexual orientation, disability status, or nationality. However, at
this time, we are not sponsoring any Visas.
Keywords: Venus Fashion, Inc., Jacksonville , Sr. Solutions Architect, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!