Company: Perdue Office Interiors
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Perdue Office Interiors, a Suddath Company, has provided
innovative workplace solutions for organizations ranging from
start-up entrepreneurs to Fortune 500 companies since 1916. As the
exclusive Steelcase dealer in the region, Perdue provides products
and turnkey services you won't find anywhere else in North
General position summary:
Responsible for Upholstering of commercial furniture
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Disassembles furniture components for re-upholstery
- Strips existing materials from furniture
- Creates patterns for furniture upholstery
- Cuts and sews materials for furniture upholstery
- Upholsters furniture
- Reassembles upholstered furniture components
Job Skills Required:
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through
- Strong organizational skill and ability to juggle multiple
demands without missing deadlines
- Work closely with other groups and departments to identify and
resolve system and/or user problems as they arise
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Education & Experience:
- Previous experience with upholstering of furniture
- No travel required
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as situations and needs
change throughout the workday
- Ability to multi-task and organize workflow to manage daily
responsibilities, meet deadlines and prioritize work
- None required.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
Physical Activity Level:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and
talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items, works with
the fingers, and perceives attributes of objects and materials.
Special Vision Requirements:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and ability to adjust focus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Use your current and previous experience to find new opportunities
on the road to success. At Perdue, we're committed to helping our
employees flourish and reach new heights.
Keywords: Perdue Office Interiors, Jacksonville , Upholsterer, Other , Jacksonville, Florida
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!